• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

new to TRS, not to rangers...

Lefty04LevelII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Those of you on here that frequent some other ranger forums will know me from R-F and ORR. Figured I'd do an intro for here since I'm new to this site (been lurking though).

Anyhow, I started out with a 93 4.0L 2wd 5-spd ext cab ranger. I loved that truck. Technically I started with an i-6 81 toyota supra that my mom and I worked our butts off on, including installing a re-manned engine. The car had had it's head warped and actually caught fire (prior owner) and just never worked the way it should. As a result I often wound up driving my mom's 92 explorer (4.0 4x4, manual). Having loved driving it, she found me the ranger I mention and that's all I've owned since....until feb 05.

my 93 after putting 15x8 Eagle Alloy 058 and 235/75r15 BFG ATs on it

But as I said, until feb 05...

16 y.o. kid without insurance, license, registration, permit blew a stop sign in front of me in a 72 chevy. The truck (ranger) had a new tranny, new breaks, the new-ish wheels and tires (~900 miles on em), new O2 sensors, new clutch, all done to the truck in under a year. She had 172K and no issues when she was totaled.

That accident gave new life though, and per my s/n...a 2004 FX4 Level II. I purchased her in March 05 and received (she was trucked in from AL) her April 7, 2005 with 2,871 miles.

Here she is stock (June 8, 2005) and flexing

Here she is now...

...approx. 62.3K miles with RCD t-bar to coilover conversion lift, 33x10.50x15 BFG MTs on 15x8 eagle alloy series 185, deaver F31 2.5inch lift leaf springs, and hypercoil 12x2.5x700# coilover springs on the RCD coilover unit.

She's got a few other mods as well, mostly interior, but I'm currently working on a drivetrain mod....

The electric t-case does not belong in these trucks. :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals