• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.5L ('98-'01) New thread down to 1 cylinder working

Waldoduhh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
if your not versed in what issues I was dealing with on this 2.5 ranger I bought, ill link it in separate comment. So pulled the engine harness and a power distribution box as well with full harness as backup. I verified no alterations anywhere on harness that weren't factory. I am now down to one cylinder firing it seems like and the whole damn motor and truck is rocking all over the place. Ive tried coil packs, wires, my 2.3 ecc just for shits and giggles, i put a new spark plug on primary side of cylinder 4 when it was just that one dead, swapped injectors, checked throttle, has my air intake from 2.3 (cold air intake by spectre) with new maf. Why am I now down 3 cylinders and acting like its choking. Throttle is non responsive now as well. Before harness swap it was acting like it was choking but not as bad, throttle was responsive, but seemed like 2 might have been down. PO that I bought it from sealed cylinder and shit trying to fix the intermittent dead cylinder and the rpm idle issue which i fixed that. Im about to just junk the pos 2.5 and put my 2.3 in it that should have been in it to begin with because im seriously losing my patience dealing with it.

Waldoduhh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual

Waldoduhh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Incase anyone does see this and responds. The pins on the harness did not match the power distribution, so wnded up pulling that and putting the 2000 one in that i had pulled. Doesn't start at all now, but thats because I found several other harnesses that don't match it, including power and ground harness for battery, and what I'd assume is the brake distribution block. So pulling all that this weekend, hopefully she will finally work

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals