• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New rims

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
On Sunday I got screwed by a curb and annihilated one rim and bent another one up pretty good, and ripped up the sidewall on one of my new Goodyear Nordics. Yesterday I managed to track down a pair of used Goodyear Nordics with a date code of 2008, and with about 8-9/32" of tread left, the add was asking $150 for the two, I got them both for $120. Looking around for Rims now, I was trying to track down some factory replacements, I found some replica rims for $400 a piece, or I could get some used ones for $300 each. I went into Canadian tire yesterday looking at the Alloys they had and I picked up a set of 4 Sacchi Rims for $110 each, when I went to pay for them, they rung up as $100 each and a pack of centering rings for $7. So my total thus far is roughly $530. I know I have some suspension damage as I can clearly see my caster is out, and with a car with no caster adjustment something had to move that wasn't supposed to move. I'll set it up on the alignment rack tonight after I get the rubber on the rims and take a look at the alignment results to see whats bent out of shape, best case scenario, control arm, since I have to remove them anyways to redo the bushing that have rotted apart. Worst case, the cradle is bent or the car itself is bent (I've seen that before). Anyways, here are some pictures of what I'm putting on the car.

The car with said damage - the non damaged side, the other side is damaged, but nothing visual

The new Rims- 16x7" the same size as whats on there now.

GMWIGGS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 & 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Rims look good, I like those!

Damn, how hard did you hit that curb? Sounds like you must have slid into it pretty hard.

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
it was the angle i hit the curb more then the speed, i hit it doing about 30km/h (20mi/h), and the curb was almost a 45* to the parking lot, that the lane curved, with no signs and the parking lot was not plowed so i couldn't see the curb, and since i was the only one that had used that entrance for the day, there were no tire track to follow.

GMWIGGS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 & 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
it was the angle i hit the curb more then the speed, i hit it doing about 30km/h (20mi/h), and the curb was almost a 45* to the parking lot, that the lane curved, with no signs and the parking lot was not plowed so i couldn't see the curb, and since i was the only one that had used that entrance for the day, there were no tire track to follow.
Yeah, I could see where that could happen pretty easily, especially the way the curb was positioned relative to the lane. Sucks when stuff like that happens, just gotta dig into the pockets and get it all fixed (easier said than done):D. I do like the wheels you picked out and hopefully any suspension damage will be minimal.:icon_cheers:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Nice rims...hope you got them at a good price...those things can be very expensive...that's why I buy used at the j/y...

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
Rims are from Canadian Tire and are between $100 and $110, depending on size. they are a multi-fit rim so they have the stud holes drilled out for multiple spacings. And I got the rims on, (sorry, no picture yet, but one is coming), and my alignment is perfect. strangely enough. The only thing wrong is the front control arm bushing have fallen threw (which I knew about), and the rear track bar pivot all need to be done, but that`s been like that since I bought the car, and its on my to do list before I go to BC this summer.

Hypnotic Toast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6
Transmission
Automatic
Those rims are nice dude, I like them. Weren't too expensive either, that's always a plus.

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
Well, here is a teaser picture, kind of blury and the car is partially blocked by my hoist. I'll get a better picture up when I get her washed tomorrow, because with all the dirt, and salt on the roads right now, She's a dirty girl.

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
And here she is all pretty and clean

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Looks good...the rims look better on the truck than they did sitting in your trunk though...I thought they looked kinda spindly at first...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals