• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New member, long time viewer. 1995 2WD XLT, LS swap, T56, 8.8

AintCare6969

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
Hello all, I have been using this site as a resource since I first bought my truck about 8 years ago as a daily driver. Thought I might finally make my own post. As it sits today its had a LS2 swapped in, TH400 transmission, Holley Terminator X, 220hp dry progressive nitrous kit, Ford 8.8 spooled with chromoly axles, 6 point cage, 10.5 x 17 +35 wheels. Currently in the process of the t56 swap. The truck started as a street/strip truck for a while now, this winter I'm attempting to switch over to street/drift. Current challenges being steering. I will be attempting to use the factory p/s box powered by a Volvo electronic pump, I don't think I will struggle too bad with that part but it brings me to another issue- steering angle. I would like to attempt to grind off the steering lock stoppers on the spindles and the I-beams because I think with the I-beam front end I will end up having a bunch more clearance than a typical a-arm front end. Thoughts?

2935AADA-9F65-4E69-866A-C66D8E7A32D9.JPG
DSC04734.jpg
DSC04735.jpg
DSC04740 (1).jpg
DSC04745.jpg
DSC04765.jpg
luckys.png

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
If you grind the stops off be careful and do not let the steering box be the stops. If the steering box constantly deadends inside, it will eventually ruin it as it jambs the gear and the balls in the ballscrew.

I had a 65 mustang and somewhere along the way in it's previous life, the tie rod ends were miss-adjusted. I could tell it would turn sharper one way than the other. After years of driving it like this the box had tons of slop. That is when I found out the box was jambing itself in that one direction and it completely wore out the ball screw inside.

AintCare6969

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
If you grind the stops off be careful and do not let the steering box be the stops. If the steering box constantly deadends inside, it will eventually ruin it as it jambs the gear and the balls in the ballscrew.

I had a 65 mustang and somewhere along the way in it's previous life, the tie rod ends were miss-adjusted. I could tell it would turn sharper one way than the other. After years of driving it like this the box had tons of slop. That is when I found out the box was jambing itself in that one direction and it completely wore out the ball screw inside.

I was thinking about drilling and tapping bolts into the I-beams so I can adjust where they lock and make sure the box wont hit the stop first.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals