• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New guy w/Regular cab 2000 needs help

HD_Slim

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ok - just got a good deal on a very clean low miles 2000 XL regular cab 4cyl manual tranny.

Its got the stock radio and thats gotta go ASAP - but this will be a modest upgrade to start with - will add a amp and small sub later. I've done upgrades on many a rig in the past (young - dumb - full of energy + beer + smoke) -- running wires adding speakers - drilling sawing -etc.

I'm reaching codger status so I want to keep this simple --- drop in a swap out on both the HU and the speakers. Apologies in advance :D

I read the sticky --- get the Ford removal tools - check, get a wiring harness - check

Where I really need help is some pointers in popping the door panels open without leaving a trail of destruction in my wake AND--- what size speaker will drop into the door areas ??

I also see behind the seats spaces where rear speakers would go (I don't think the XL has rears) --- how do I pop those panels open ?? And as before - what speaker size will drop into the rear spots (I'm so fu(king lazy):blush:

As I used to be an electronics tech - pwr - gnd - harnesses - fuses - amps - running wire -- piece of cake. Opening body panels not so good.

Thanks for all the help and tips - cause I need my freakin' rock-n-roll:pray:

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
your speaker sizes both front and back will be 6x8". as far as the panels go they make tools for that should be able to get them at auto parts stores or crutchfield.com. I know that auto zone (other places should have too) sells the little plastics clips that hold the panels on so if you do break any you can score some. Just take your time and be patient with it, and you should keep breakage to a minimum.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals