• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help with noises!!!

Phil_T

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
Hi! I have a 2008 Mazda B2300, 2.3L 2wd, 25000KM, and I have lots of annoying noises I just cant seem to fix. I brought it to the dealer, but they dont do much.

Problem #1
Everytime I turn at low speeds, like pulling in and out of driveways or parking, the front end cracks and clunks. Everything is solid, balljoints tie-rods...
The dealer said it was my brakes :annoyed: they cleaned and lubricated them :dunno: and it did not help.

Problem #2
At idle, low speeds or hitting bumps at lower speeds, my exhaust squeaks and rattles. All the shields and hangers seem solid. The dealer replaced the donut, studs and springs between the cat and the muffler 8 months ago and now the annoying sound is back...no point for me to go back, they'll do the same thing and 8 months later i'll have the same noise.

Problem #3
Driver side door rattles all the time, didnt bother with the dealer.

Problem#4
Passenger side speaker rattles all the time

Finaly
Problem #5
This happened tonight....and hopefully will be the last annoying noise. The rear window (I have the sliding one) started to make noise over bumps. My seat is not against the window, since I know that if I do that, it sometime makes noise

If any of you could help me it would be great!

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
problem #1-just to make sure.... how did you check your ball joints? there is different ways to check it depending on the type of suspension. and from the sound of it.....it would be balljoints

problem #2- i just crawl under the truck and beat on the exhaust with my fist and listen for the sound. rattles are easy to find when you do that.

problem #3-idk why that would be rattling at 25000km but i would check all the screws to make sure they are tight or pull the door cover off and check everything. same with problem #4

problem #5- check to make sure there isnt anything down inside of track for the sliding window.

most of this stuff is not likely but its the only things i can think of with a truck with that low of kms to cause that many rattles

Phil_T

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
I'll remove my door panels soon, once it gets a little warmer out. The noise with the window...disapeared on its own :dunno: weird.

As for the front end, I checked my balljoints with 2 jack stands on the tables, one guy with a big bar prying the wheel up and down and the other guy checking to see if they'res any movement and nothing. I also checked it in the air for the hell of it, but I should'nt see a loose that way and, nope everything is solid.

I also put it on an alignement ramp and turned the steering wheel around with someone underneath to see if he could locate the noise but it only does it while the truck is rolling:annoyed:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals