• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

need help finding correct trans

2kxlt3.slow

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RANGER
Engine Size
soon to be 302
Transmission
Automatic
I am currently doing a v8 swap on my 2000 xlt ranger

i have the donor vehicle a 2000 mercury mountaineer 5.0

the problem is that the donor is AWD and i need RWD
the trans should just be a 4r70w but when i called my local salvage yard they informed me that there are sevral model numbers of that trans, so were do i go from here? my thought was to just call and ask for a 2000 mercury grand marques trans and thats when i ran into this problem.

i just dont know what trans to get that will work with all the computer controlles i have and will be using out of the mountaineer?

can anyone shed some light on the subject?

2kxlt3.slow

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RANGER
Engine Size
soon to be 302
Transmission
Automatic
So i picked up a 2wd trans from the local salvage yard, my next step is rebuiding it, does any one have a link or info or maybe even a manual on rebuilding the 4r70w, i have tryed searching TRS and google with not much luck. i intend in getting a monster transmission monster in a box kit for the rebuild, but directions would be sweet.

thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals