• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

need a little more power

ex91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
looking for more power from a 3 litter what do you guys have to say i could go v8 and i might but right now im thinking staying withthe 3 .0 what cams can i get o ya ex cab auto 4r55e 3.73 4x4 i like the 3.0 for its fuel mpg the v 8 wont give me that i dont thing im not going to add a blower id go v8 be for that any i deas??

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wow... Ha Ha. If I were you I would I would start simple and get the basics that will give you the most hp for your buck before throwing a aftermarket cam in your 3.0. Start with exhaust, a better intake setup like cold air or something to let it breathe a little better. Look into engine management chips, they will help tremendously. There are a lot of options out there for people on a budget. (If you’re on one). Most of us are. Look around online. Have fun.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
the factory intake is already cold air. and no cat-back system is going to improve anything.

start with a tuner, thats the biggest and simplest upgrade. after that look into gearing, headers, and underdrive pullies. if that still isnt enough then the engine needs to be opened. a good P&P plus gasket matching, a cam regrind (have a local machine shop do it, save shipping). if your staying n/a, mill the heads to raise compression, a good 3+ angle valve job, 5.0 7:1 roller rockers. the stock TB is a restriction. it can be bored out some, but id go full-out with an escape 60MM TB. requires some fab work to make it fit.

Red_Rider_00

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
are u gonna b suprised!

I added several goodies to my 3.0 including a Jet module, Poweraide throttle-body spacer, cat-back duals and no one upgrade shocked me like the K&N FIPK cold-air intake system. Less than $350 from Summit racing. Advertised hp increase is about 5 to 10 but I can absolutely assure you that my gains were more in the range of 25 to 50%. It is an amazing difference and I very highly recommend it to you. Jet says 25hp gain with module but in reality it's more like minimal gain compared to K&N. Installation is simple with basic tools and takes about an hour. Thank me later

jv982

Reaction score
Thats right folks... You read it here... K&N cold air intakes give you the same HP increase as a 100% efficient supercharger running 7psi.

50%!!! ;missingteeth;

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
The trippy thing is he just started a thread about his truck missing above 3K....

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

75HP from a cone filter sucking in warm engine compartment air!

you KNOW im gonna run out and get one of these now!

Bob Ayers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I added several goodies to my 3.0 including a Jet module, Poweraide throttle-body spacer, cat-back duals and no one upgrade shocked me like the K&N FIPK cold-air intake system. Less than $350 from Summit racing. Advertised hp increase is about 5 to 10 but I can absolutely assure you that my gains were more in the range of 25 to 50%. It is an amazing difference and I very highly recommend it to you. Jet says 25hp gain with module but in reality it's more like minimal gain compared to K&N. Installation is simple with basic tools and takes about an hour. Thank me later

Now, for a real power boost, you have to get a Tornado!!!

http://www.tornadofuel-saver.com/?gclid=COTFstLL75YCFQOuFQodExyprw

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

jv982

Reaction score
Don't forget about the electric turbocharger or octane booster.

betomonroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Electric turbocharger???
Maybe that's why You have a SERIOUS problem at over 3K RPM.
Haven't You learned that electric superchargers DO pose a restriction in flow and not a supercharge.
Dee dee dee.

jv982

Reaction score
Electric turbocharger???
Maybe that's why You have a SERIOUS problem at over 3K RPM.
Haven't You learned that electric superchargers DO pose a restriction in flow and not a supercharge.
Dee dee dee.
must not have noticed the sarcasm... sorry i will be more clear next time

rngrdngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i have a k&n intake, after market 5.0 lifters, opened up maf sensor, bigger throttle body, cat 4ward headers, high flow cats and a 40's exhaust. 21.34 more hp ans 26.21 added torque. go with the v-8 not worth all the money spent.

Green Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
i have a k&n intake, after market 5.0 lifters, opened up maf sensor, bigger throttle body, cat 4ward headers, high flow cats and a 40's exhaust. 21.34 more hp ans 26.21 added torque. go with the v-8 not worth all the money spent.
THANKS FOR THAT no more "wasted" money in my 3.0L if you did all that for 21hp and 26tq...........that sucks balls.........I helped my neighbor put a cold ram air kit on his new 08 vette..+43hp and 30somthing torque....yeah well some one had to do it thankyou.....:stop::taunt: just kidding with you

Green Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
hey one thing you could do is reroute your air conditioner vents to your air intake, so you really have a cold air intake!

for you all wondering this is just :bsflag:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals