• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My wheels arrived.

Explosive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Well, this is my Christmas gift from my parents, they arrived today, I'm happy.

And got my drive side rear fender cut and sealed both fenders from inside.

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
nice! A set of those have been on my to-do list for some time...though there somewhere on the list below "lift" and "tires to go on the wheels".

Explosive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Yea, my next things are lift and tires and she's good to go.

Now that I'm trimming the fenders, wonder if I should go with 33's still or bigger ?

I'm going with a 6 inch lift.

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I'd just browse the "Post pics of your lifted bronco II" thread from beginning to end. I think there are representations of just about every possible tire/lift combo in there.

Explosive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Yea, I know 33's will clear the 6" lift, but with trimmed fenders I'm wondering if I could go bigger, but if I do, I gotta be sure those won't rub when it flexes.

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I bet you could clear 34's, 35's might be pushing it. It'll probably come down to whether the tires have big lugs and the exact offset of the wheels.

lepp1892

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are you regearing? If not stick with 33's but if it were up to me it would have 35's. I ran my truck for about a year with just a 3 inch body lift and 35's and trimed fenders!

Explosive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
lol, that truck looks familiar lepp, I didn't get a chance to check out that trans yet as nobody was around to help me finish getting the vehicle into the garage

How well did the 35's fit like that ? Rub when the goin got rough ?

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
If you are gonna be doing a lot of hard wheelin', I would stick with 33's if you have the stock drivetrain. 35's would look awesome but you will definitely be pushing the limits of the front & rear diff.

I never broke anything running 33s on mine & I tend to be hard on it, with the heavier 35s you would definitely be pushing it in my opinion. Just a thought.

Anyway, those wheels are awesome!! :icon_thumby: They are the same wheels I've been looking at!! Black wheels are bad @zz!! Can't wait to see 'em on there!! :icon_cheers:
B2

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
With a 6" lift and a fender trim, you should be able to clear at least 34's for hard wheeling and 35's otherwise. I have a total of 7" of lift on my Choptop and no fender trim and 33's look a lil small, IMHO.

But you run into gearing problems. I would say that 4.10s would be adequate for 33's, and 3.73s the bare minimum. For 35's I'd say that you should have 4.56 or 4.88.

That's part of why I haven't put 35's on my choptop yet, still gathering the things I need to regear and upgrade my axles. Kinda wishing I would have put a D-35 and 8.8 under it when I first put the suspension together...

Explosive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the input guys, I think I'll pick up a used set of 33's and then later on down the road if I want 35's I'll get them and maybe do some axle swapping. I will only be wheeling this thing so I'm going for function over looks.

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
If your B2 has 3:73s, you will turn 33s just fine. Mine has the 2.8 with 3:73s & I didn't have a problem at all! :headbang: Keep us updated, can't wait to see her done!! :icon_cheers:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the input guys, I think I'll pick up a used set of 33's and then later on down the road if I want 35's I'll get them and maybe do some axle swapping. I will only be wheeling this thing so I'm going for function over looks.
If it's only gonna be for wheeling, I'd look for a set of 34" Swamper LTB tires, they dig real good and are only 10.5" wide like a 31" tire. My one buddy has a set on his Yeep and I've been impressed.

86_LX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1992 and 2004
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 5.4 SC
Transmission
Manual
looks good! just put a set of the same wheels on my ranger with 33" TSL's on just a 3in body lift. I cut the fenders and im putting a 4in skyjacker class 2 lift on it and pulling the 3in body off. Good luck with the rest of the BII, I miss mine. On my 89 BII I had 35's with a 3in body and cut fenders and didnt have any problems although I was very careful while off road because I still had a dana 28 and a 7.5 rear.

Explosive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone know of reliable places to get tires that have decent prices ???

I got a lot done today, both front fenders removed, cut and painted, also painted that piece on the front below the radiator. Modified the splash guards for the front fenders, pulled the front and rear sway bars. Started to put the interior back together after I sealed the rear quarters from being cut.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals