• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking to do hidden mount subs

Vexarana

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Vehicle is a 91 Ford Ranger with the jump seats that pop out sideways. I have seen someone on this forum do a similar thing, but only on one side. What I would like to do is put 2x 10's or 12's, but I am not sure how large of a sub I can use.

I want the subs to be flush, or near flush with where the jump-seats fold up to right now. Obviously the box would be as deep as possible in order to maximize the volume.

Has anybody seen this before or have any experience with it? I'm not sure which sub I can fit due to both diameter and volume required for the drivers.

EDIT : Found a photo of the jump seat subs I was referencing. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1191&d=1229897660

Last edited:

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I saw someone build the subs right into the seats. I think it was on another ranger forum. They removed the soft cushion side of the seat and built a box out of MDF on that side, so the sub sat flush against what looks like a stock jump seat cover. I think they could only fit a 8" sub like that though.

916pat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Have you figured anything out yet for subs? I recently put together a nice system in my 94 xcab that I would recomend to anyone looking for great sounding stealth sub boxes for their xcab. I built a small box for under each jump seat that contain a jl audio 6w3v3 sub in each box. These are 6" subs that will really suprise you if set up correctly. I am running them with a audison lrx2.250 bridged, giving those little subs real close to 500 watts and they are amazing. There are some nice options for small subs just do a little research and try something out. With my boxes installed I still have full use of the jump seats and space around them. Sorry I don't have pics right now but I will post some soon to show you how they look. Good luck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals