• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lift kit

pineapplesoymilk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey every one I was wondering if a lift from any year ranger will bolt on to my 94 xlt I may be getting my friends four inch lift off his 91 that's hy im wondering and also in the mean time I want to get a very good pair of leveling springs for the front to magch the ride height of the rear can some of yoou give me of suggestions on good brands I was thinking of rough country ones and can you post pics if you have the leveling springs on your truck thanks

bigblockford79

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1979/93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Most kits will cover 1983 to 1997. Basically the 4x4's with the ttb front stayed the same from the beginning all the way to the switch to the new A-arm type which came out in 1998.

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Your gonna run leveling coils and a 4 " lift? Not sure how thats gonna work for you.

If the kit you speak of is complete it will come with the correct coil springs for the front to match the drop bracketry. If it doesn't order 4" lift springs to go with your 4" lift kit....Leveling coils will be way to short.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey every one I was wondering if a lift from any year ranger will bolt on to my 94 xlt.

I may be getting my friends four inch lift off his 91, that's why im wondering.

And also, in the mean time I want to get a very good pair of leveling springs for the front to match the ride height of the rear, can some of you give me suggestions on good brands?

I was thinking of rough country ones and can you post pics if you have the leveling springs on your truck

thanks

there.....made it a little easier to understand :icon_thumby:

as was mentioned before, any lift for '83 - '97 will fit....so your buddy's will be fine to use....but, when you get it, make sure to get the shocks, pitman arm, and the brake lines ( unless the brakelines are the stockers ) as well....

if you want to level it until you get the kit from him, i would suggest the Skyjackers, but Rough Country will work as well

plus, just to level it, you may want to consider the "washer mod".....

l8r, John

pineapplesoymilk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea i looked up skyjacker and cant find any leveling its on their web site but rough countrys is only 129 which isnt bad

pineapplesoymilk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i cant figure out which lift i want to get this winter im between either the skyjacker6in lift with new rear leafs or the ruff country 4 in if i get the 6 in will i have to correct the perch of the drive shafts? any one on here with a six in lift can you let me know what you had to do and post some pics thanks

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
i cant figure out which lift i want to get this winter im between either the skyjacker6in lift with new rear leafs or the ruff country 4 in if i get the 6 in will i have to correct the perch of the drive shafts? any one on here with a six in lift can you let me know what you had to do and post some pics thanks
Youre pretty much asking whether you should get a Rolls Royce or a Ford Festiva. If you got the $$ then go skyjacker. You wont have to touch the perches on the axle.

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
The only thing I had to do was get creative with the rear brake lines....as mine were to short...A long bolt and some tack welds fixed that..

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
id deffinetly go with the skyjacker if you have the money for it. doesnt the rough country kit come with the drop plate for the passanger side beam?

pineapplesoymilk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i want the skyjacker more for a couple reasons one its taller two the company has been arond longer i just want to know how the people who have it like it it wont be until i get the money prob when i get my taxes back in jan but yea its like 1700 with everything i think thanks guys any pics?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals