• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just got back from the shop, front wheel feels like its gonna fly off over bumps??

dangeranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L FF
Transmission
Automatic
So I just got my rear axle seals replaced and wheel cylinders and shoes, all on the rear, but when I got it back yesterday, I noticed that when I make a hard right turn, what seems to be the passenger front wheel shakes violently and it feels like the wheel is gonna fly off. This also happens when I hit a bumpy patch in the road. I can't seem to find much about this in this forum...I got the 3" PA body lift and 33x12.50s. This was not an issue before it went to the shop! I checked all lug nuts too of course. Any ideas? Wheel bearing maybe?

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
Yes wheel bearings are a possiblity also the alignment could be off, I would take the wheel off and inspect everything and check for play

04 EDGE

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the first thing you need to do is take it back to the shop that worked on it!

if you have a trac-loc rear diff and if they did not put friction modifier in after the seal replacement then you will get "chatter" and that may be what you are experiencing.

dangeranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L FF
Transmission
Automatic
Well, the problem seem to go away after I jacked it up and took the front wheel off. I wiggled it and its tight, everything was. Put it back on and it has been fine since!

Wish i had a tracloc rear.... :p

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals