• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Jeep wheel on a 1997 Ranger?

subterranean

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
First off I'd like to thank everybody for the advice and info over the last few days....I'm new to the world of Ranger specs but I've learned tons over just the last week or so digging through this site!

Here's my problem..I've figured out my tire...going with Goodyear Duratracs, I was going to go with Pro Comp Wheels Series 98 (flat black) in the soft 8 style or the D's...BUT they don't make them in 15x7 :pissedoff: ...I'm definately looking for the matte black finish, so what I have found in my price range and look is the Black Rock Series 997 wheel over at Quadratec, either the Soft 8's or the D's (have not decided that yet) which are sold as JEEP wheels. From what I'm understanding, they should fit but I'm not finding anything that says for sure. Does anyone know about this or maybe you have used this series wheel on your Ranger? I would be of course going with 5 on 4 1/2 but the wheel hub hole is my concern. This is my last stumbling block, once I figure this out I'm ordering them! I'm on vacation and can't wait to get this on the truck! :icon_bounceblue:

Guilius

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
i have confirmed that my"from factory" rims fit on a jeep, as do my 33x13.5 set on pro comp 15x10's. the bolt pattern is the same, and the lugs fit fine.

they have the same bolt pattern at 5 on 4.5.

hopefully this helps

subterranean

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the info! Anyone else have experience with a Jeep wheel fitting on a Ranger without having to make the center hole larger? I'm looking at doing this without having to mess with grinding out a brand new wheel....so far it looks like it'll be a go. I'll ask Quadratec before I order but since they deal with Jeep products I have a feeling they will not know if it will fit or they will not say for sure that it will. Thanks for the information!

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
double check the diameter of the hub openings. the jeep wheels usually have a smaller center opening and will fit on the rear of rangers, but not on the front if you have 4x4 hubs. they can be machined out to fit, then they are fine. i see your avatar says 2wd, but i'd still check just to b 100% sure. just my $.02.

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
Fyi:

Aftermarket wheels should fit fine, the factory aluminum wheels such as my Canyon 15X8 wheels have to be machined out.

Here's pic of BEFORE:

After with push-thru centers:

Last edited:

subterranean

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
Well, I made the decision to go with the Black Rock Series 942 Type D Wheels in the Matte Black finish, very hard to find in 15x7 with 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern and 3.75 backspace...finally located them with Quadratec and they are on backorder!! 2 - 3 weeks for me to get this taken care of! :pissedoff: I even had an appointment to get the tires put on them for next Monday...guess I'll be cancelling that. I'm waiting for a call back from Roco 4x4 to see if they can get them...but it looks like I'm screwed and will have to wait. Anybody have any experience with Quadratec? Hope this goes smoothly and I don't have to wait forever.

mdo817

Well, I made the decision to go with the Black Rock Series 942 Type D Wheels in the Matte Black finish, very hard to find in 15x7 with 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern and 3.75 backspace...finally located them with Quadratec and they are on backorder!! 2 - 3 weeks for me to get this taken care of! :pissedoff: I even had an appointment to get the tires put on them for next Monday...guess I'll be cancelling that. I'm waiting for a call back from Roco 4x4 to see if they can get them...but it looks like I'm screwed and will have to wait. Anybody have any experience with Quadratec? Hope this goes smoothly and I don't have to wait forever.
Check out Summit Racing, usually offer free shipping, just charge a handling fee. Also if you have a Discount Tire Store near you look at their "Unique" brand of wheel. I have a set on one of my Jeeps and couldn't be happier.

subterranean

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks, I had already checked out Summit and I just checked the Unique line over at Discount Tire...they look real nice but I'm stuck on getting flat black rims and with that I've painted myself into a corner because it's real difficult to find them in 15x7's...I can get them all day long in a 15x8 :annoyed: If I didn't want flat black I'd be tempted to go with the Uniques.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals