• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I'm baaaack and plotting a new swap!

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
It's been awhile since I checked in here so hello everyone. I'm in the process of plotting a new swap for my dd 96. I've been searching for a wrecked V8 Explorer, but I have found a 90's Land Rover with a V8 that would make an interesting project donor. At this point, all options are being considered. I've even considered doing a GM LS 5.3/6.0 setup since they are fairly plentiful around here. In the end, what I really want is a complete sleeper dd that will haul our bikes (and some serious a$$) with ease.

What do you guys think?

Phil

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I think it has been awhile since you've been here. Welcome back Phil.

v8nick

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I don't know about the Land Rover v8, but an LS swap will haul ass with ease. Probably even more so than the Explorer swap. I say go for the LS swap.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I have seen a Land Rover swap on here before. The guy though that it was a 4.8 to only find out that it was a 4.0 v8, somebbody before him had switched intakes.

I say LS, keep it American under the hood.

cavedweller

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
It's been awhile since I checked in here so hello everyone. I'm in the process of plotting a new swap for my dd 96. I've been searching for a wrecked V8 Explorer, but I have found a 90's Land Rover with a V8 that would make an interesting project donor. At this point, all options are being considered. I've even considered doing a GM LS 5.3/6.0 setup since they are fairly plentiful around here. In the end, what I really want is a complete sleeper dd that will haul our bikes (and some serious a$$) with ease.

What do you guys think?

Was there not a guy on here that attempted the Range Rover swap but ran into some kind of insurmountable trouble? I'd check the archieves.....I was glued to this site during that time period,hoping for his success

skx762

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
I would go with the power of the Ford over the little V8. A stock EFI 5.0 from a Mustang/Explorer with the addition of headers will get you better mileage than any V6 Ranger, so it's win-win.

If anyone could do a clean LS install, I would enjoy seeing it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals