• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I want this gun.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Any centerfire rifle (maybe pistol too?) over .5" bore is considered a "destructive device" according to the ATF. Black powder and shotguns over .5" bore are exempt from DD status.
I knew there was more too it than diameter, just couldn't think of it off the top of my head. So once again the weapon in question would in fact be illegal.

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Any centerfire rifle (maybe pistol too?) over .5" bore is considered a "destructive device" according to the ATF. Black powder and shotguns over .5" bore are exempt from DD status.
that doesn't make a lot of sense, every gun is a device of destruction by nature.

trying to ruin my huge caliber fun, stupid ATF.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
that doesn't make a lot of sense, every gun is a device of destruction by nature.
Saying things like this is just more ammo for the anti gun crowd. Guns are not destructive devices by nature. When you shoot a deer do you aim to destroy it or do you aim to kill it while otherwise not damaging the meat? When someone breaks into your home do you try to do as much damage as possible or do you first show the intruder you're armed so he'll leave before any damage is done and only fire if absolutely necessary? In combat you come across a man with 60+ lbs of explosives and shrapnel strapped to his chest in a crowded market. Do you aimlessly start shooting and hope for the best or do you take him down without setting of the explosives and save hundreds of lives?

Back to the large caliber fun! Legal or not bigger bullets are always better, rate of fire is just icing on the cake.

The problem with a .50BMG, is it is a .50BMG not that it is a .50.
I was refering to the cartridge which is used in many weapons, not the actual M2 browning machine gun.

Last edited:

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
just look at the flash that cannon put off. ****ing beast.

i want to see that .700 being fired

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
It fires the .577 Tyrannosaur Round
And as this video illustrates, you can't actually use the gun without dropping it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVqT3XEzss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ0qwhOQWzE&feature=related

Yes you can, you just can't be a limp wristed bitch when shooting it. Notice how this guy stands, weight over his front foot, leaning into the rifle and the rifle pulled tight into his shoulder.
I have shot one, how could I pass it up:D, The recoil really isn't that bad. It's about on par with 10Ga. 3" magnums.

.577 Trex is just a .700 Nitro case necked down to .577, so .700 Nitro isn't any worse then the .577 Trex.

-Jester

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
If you really want to hurt yourself, try this...

That there would be a 4 Bore not a .700 Nitro.

.700 Nitro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D41NYBHkb9M
Notice the same stance.

And just for the hell of it. 2 Bore(1.326″)

.700 nitro express next to 2 bore and 3500 grain(1/2 pound) solid bronze bullet.

They even come bigger than this. The 1 bore has a caliber of 1.67″. The A Guage/Bore, about 2″, was used for punt guns.

-Jester

Last edited:

'99 EB Explorer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
I got the link to work as well.

khast2010

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
Saw this about a year ago. I laughed all the way through it...especially at the arabs! LMAO!!! That's how we can win in Afghanistan. Sell them a bunch of these things and tell them the butt-plate is supposed to rest on their forehead!
hahaha or on their dicks

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Personally I would rather be shot with a .50 BMG than a shotgun with a deer slug. Those things are really nasty... not overpowering you-don't-have-a-chance powerful like the big gun but just really ugly when they hit meat and bone.

Saying things like this is just more ammo for the anti gun crowd. Guns are not destructive devices by nature. When you shoot a deer do you aim to destroy it or do you aim to kill it while otherwise not damaging the meat? When someone breaks into your home do you try to do as much damage as possible or do you first show the intruder you're armed so he'll leave before any damage is done and only fire if absolutely necessary? In combat you come across a man with 60+ lbs of explosives and shrapnel strapped to his chest in a crowded market. Do you aimlessly start shooting and hope for the best or do you take him down without setting of the explosives and save hundreds of lives?

Back to the large caliber fun! Legal or not bigger bullets are always better, rate of fire is just icing on the cake.

I was refering to the cartridge which is used in many weapons, not the actual M2 browning machine gun.
Guns were not intended to punch holes in paper, they were designed as an instrument of war. They can and will be destructive depending on user. The only defining thing about if they are constructive or destructive is which way they are pointed.

A .577 or even a .50 BMG would destroy a deer. I know a guy that has tried deer hunting with his 45-110 Sharps and it destroys whatever end of the deer he shoots.

Personally, I would rather have the Sharps and run 45-70 thru it than a .50 BMG anything... unless reselling the .50 and buying what I want is an option. :icon_idea:

.50 BMG is the name of the round.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&N=0&fsch=true&Ntk=AllProducts&Ntt=.50+BMG

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
@khast2010

What dicks?:dunno:

clifford97

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
does that thing come in full auto?:icon_rofl:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals