• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I Just saw a corvette ZR1!!!!

KrAzy KoOl MaN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Just admit the ZR1 is a Bang for the buck..

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ferrari? Hahaha... Nah... I could take the very same LS9, say that runs me $30K... Then strip out everything inside, new subframe connectors tubular k-member and front suspension, race tuned struts up front, 9" rear... It would have the same power as the ZR1 and be lighter (no carbon fiber needed, most of the Camaro is fiberglas)...

willied

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V8
Transmission
Automatic
The new Camaro is a sad performer. They should have based it on the G8 platform, but I guess not...

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Just admit the ZR1 is a Bang for the buck..
Honestly, I'll never admit it... Yes, it might be fast, but a knowledgable person can easily build a faster car, you forget if I build something for me I can spend the entire $120,000 on it... GM did not spend $120,000 on the ZR1... If they did they aren't making money, and we all know they don't do anything if it won't make money...

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The new Camaro is a sad performer. They should have based it on the G8 platform, but I guess not...
Never driven the new Camaro... I like it's looks though...

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
LOL. Well if you want something to compete with it then your going to have to get a ferrari engine. I think that alone will run you a lot of money. I dare to say more than 120 g's Or maybe a Porsche engine which again will run you very high.
Then probably carbonfiber hood. Man I just am not seeing it.
Oh yeah don't forget to supercharge it!
Hate to be a d-bag, but from this I gather you know little to nothing about cars/engines in general. I know a local guy who recently bought a ZR1 which is indeed a beautiful car. However, I also know many guys who could easily whoop it's ass. You could easily build a car to beat it for way less than 40k, much less 120k.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You could easily build a car to beat it for way less than 40k, much less 120k.
He could?!? :shok:

All seriousness I agree, and it doesn't matter your definition of "beat it" either. There are cars that beat it in looks, others that beat it in straightline point and shoot, and others that handle better. Any can be had or built for $40k. That vette is a nice all around package that can do many thing well, but it's by no means the best at anything.

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
He could?!? :shok:

All seriousness I agree, and it doesn't matter your definition of "beat it" either. There are cars that beat it in looks, others that beat it in straightline point and shoot, and others that handle better. Any can be had or built for $40k. That vette is a nice all around package that can do many thing well, but it's by no means the best at anything.
I wish I would have taken videos at my local track. They definately weren't pretty. But DAMN would they move! As for the ZR1, if I had the money, I would definately have one. I can post pics of the one I was talking about earlier if anyone would like.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I think I speak for every member of every automotive internet forum in the world; we LOVE seeing nice cars.

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry it took so long, I had to transfer them from my cellphone to email, then to the computer, then to photobucket, then here!

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
FINALLY some pics! Thank you Tom. This thread is now worth the space on the server to store it. :p

That is a sweet looking ride. I'm wondering if those wheels came stock. They look aftermarket. I've not done any investigating on that model's options.

LOL, I thought 20 minutes for a reply w/pics on an internet forum was damned good, no apologies. hehehe

Last edited:

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Those are the stock rims! That's at our local PD Quix cruise-in. If i'm not busy i'll go tomorrow. He's from a local car club called "Wheel's of the Past". There was him and another guy from the club, they usually don't come to this one. I couldn't tell you what he does for a job, but he has money.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals