• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How to get more power out of my 2.3L

clark89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
So i know this has been asked before and i have gone through most of them, and looked into all the the suggestions already mentioned, i have also looked into all the upgrades in tech library. Unfortunatly most of the product that have been mention seem to be discontinued, or way out of my price range.

I have a 94 2.3L does anyone know of any new upgrades out there.

Im starting to get really discouraged because i cant find anything. If anyone could help me i would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
There are really only two ways to get a noticeable increase in power out of it. One is to remove the cylinder head and have it ported and milled to increase the compression ratio. Then install a bigger cam, bigger exhaust and bigger intake. That should take 1-3 seconds off your 0-60 time. The other option is forced induction. Installing a turbocharger setup from an 87-88 Thunderbird 2.3 turbo really isn't that difficult at all on an up to 1994 4-banger ranger. If you want to know more, read up on the swap in the tech library.

I don't know what your budget or skills are, but either of these methods to get more power will cost you somewhere between $400-$1200 depending on how resourceful you are and do the work yourself. If you don't feel comfortable removing and installing cylinder heads, I don't recommend you try either. In that case just sell your ranger and buy one with a V6.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals