• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How much advance?

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Hello ppl been awhile since ive been on here but always know i can get good advice here. i changed my timing belt a few weeks ago and i guess the belt needed time to stretch into place, the marks on the cam were a half a tooth off (advanced) when i installed it, now they are where they should be after rechecking them. the reason i rechecked them is when they were advanced my trk screamed like an ape, i mean i literally buried the needle in 8 seconds flat, left 2 mustangs and a vette the past two weeks. now its the same old boring 2.3 putt putt mobile and the cam is where it should be...heres my question, is there a timing advance kit for a 2.3 be it ranger or mustang and how much advance should i use to achieve the same result? i love revving my trk especially when i have power like that, reminds me so much of my old integra that i miss like you wouldnt believe. fig i would ask the good old gurus here if they have experience and i believe thats a massive upgrade that is rather cheap (much cheaper than a boost setup or turbo swap!) and may not produce as much power as those upgrades but makes the trk so much more fun to drive. thx for all replies!

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
sweet long time no see shady fig somebody would help. anybody have any figs they like to use when advancing the cam? granted that takes the fun out of tweaking it myself but wouldnt mind having a reliable starting point!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals