• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

High Idle

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i just pulled off the intake and it was pretty gummed up. should i pull the plastic upper part and look for any blow outs in the gaskets?

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok. well, i pulled off the top plastic part and i didnt look so good either. the gasket was pretty shot as well. kinda just flaked away. but i picked up some high temp silicone and im going to put it all back together and hope for the best. i have a question though, whats a pcv valve and where is it located? MAKG said something about something bypassing throttle or something like that if the valve was stuck. so a picture or explaination would be greatly appreciated. thank you very much.

Royawest

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had same problem

The IAC control ,changed it and lowered the idle.Don't know why

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
whats an IAC control, and also wheres it at? i put the intake all back together and also used rtv high temp silicone. then i sprayed down every line that i thought was a vacuum line, one at a time. didnt do a single thing. ive decided to just take it in and let the pros troubleshoot it. but just incase they dont get it, what else could it be?

bigmo445

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 L
Transmission
Manual
high idle

I am expericing the same problem. been chasing the problem for about a yr. I replaced the IAC solonid (idle air control) no change. my ECM has 111 also and two other codes neither is in the code lists I use a code reader.I checked with a tech said my computor lost it's ground.Sent me a wiring diagram which was not too helpful .checked the ground shown in hayes manual. showed continuity.I cleaned my TB several times.I even swapped my ECM for another No change. Now it was said about the intake leaking, I replaced my heads to correct a coolant leak,my head gskts was leaking,I changed those gaskets in the process No change in the idle,pls. note I have stick shift it is very annoying to have it idle at 1200 to 1400.the previous owner must have had the problem His version of a fix was to remove the check eng. light .I will welcome any help also.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals