• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

hey, new to forum

sam-ranger22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I'm new to the forum and heard about it on a YouTube video or something, anyway I'm thinking about buying a ford ranger but I don't know I'm a big gm fan and have owned a 01 suburban for awhile and also have drove a single cab chevy a couple times and recently have bought a Nissan hard body for $2600 and now I'm looking for a truck to drive and was wondering what a ford ranger was like to drive as an everyday driver

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Wellll....in my purely unbiased opinion....
I really like the older Rangers, from 83 to 97. They beat ALL other makes of small truck, hands down. The engine runs on water and they emit nothing but perfume. They float too. They have all the bells and whistles you could want, and even a few you can't think of [me either]. They never rust or get a flat. They can haul 10 times their rated capacity. They are easy to work on and parts are cheaper than any other truck out there.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Welcome to TRS.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
sounds like a politician in the making

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
my 2005 2wd has 354,000+ miles on it. those 2.3 Duratec engines are great.

sam-ranger22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I really like the older Rangers, from 83 to 97. They beat ALL other makes of small truck, hands down. The engine runs on water and they emit nothing but perfume. They float too. They have all the bells and whistles you could want, and even a few you can't think of [me either]. They never rust or get a flat. They can haul 10 times their rated capacity. They are easy to work on and parts are cheaper than any other truck out there.

I've been looking on craigslist and car websites and have found 3 contestants 2008 sport ford ranger, 1999 ford ranger 4x4, and a little 1993 4x4 duse. I would prefer a automatic but I can't seem to decide if manuals are hard to drive in traffic:ROFLMAO:

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
for Dallas traffic I'm sure I would want an automatic, and I'm a diehard manual guy.

sam-ranger22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic

Is it manual? I don't mind manuals except it's gotta be 4wd and a small truck to mid size truck letme tell you here right now the only small truck I wouldn't get from the past 2 decades is the Chevy Colorado its just nasty and smells and looks foreign

sam-ranger22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
for Dallas traffic I'm sure I would want an automatic, and I'm a diehard manual guy.
traffic down here sucks ounce you move out of the city it's not that bad but on every good workday there's always a wreck, jacking around, slow just all around bad for time

sam-ranger22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
thinking about it if you were tired on the way to work its a lot more hastel then pressing the gas and go,I don't mind it but when looking for one I keep in mind I don't have a lot of money to spend on the damn thing and that I just have to pick one

Oxxon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hello and welcome to TRS!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals