• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Herculiner bed liner.

Bronco_Chuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84, 86 & 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
i have an 84 B2 and the carpet is kinda moldy,and was planning on bed linering the inside. just wanted to know what a good brand bed liner was cuz i dont want it to flake off in 2 weeks.
thanks in advance for any help.

FCXBronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 and 2000
Make / Model
Ford, Dodge
Engine Size
2.8v6
Transmission
Manual
ive had herculiner in the bed of my dodge for 2 years and it hasnt flaked or anything the only thing it did was turn into a dull black instead of gloss black but thats because of the sun and i didnt get the uv protection stuff they also sell

irishblessing

Rhino lining has some pretty good liners idk if they make spary bed liners but you can look into them

Bronco_Chuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84, 86 & 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
ok thanks ive seen the herculiner at wall mart and wanted to know how well it worked befor i spent 75 bucks on it.

coffee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Check out Stylin' trucks. i think they have the Herculiner on sale for about $70. I don't remember if they pay shipping. Why not get vinyl flooring. At least that way you will have some insulation to keep daown road noise ant heat transfer. It cleans easily.

Bronco_Chuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84, 86 & 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
ive actualy never even heard of vinyl flooring

99RangerKrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I don't know if Line-X does interior, but they have great spray in bed liners, with lifetime warranty for as long as you own the truck. I would look into them as well. They're more spendy than do-it-yourself liners, but it's worth the extra money.

irishblessing

when my carpet goes bad(which i hope it doesnt) i think im going to put in some diamond plateing

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
I second the Line-X if they'll do it.... If you do use a DIY liner, PREP IT WELL! I used Herculiner and it came with a tiny piece of like 80 grit. I went to town with some 40 grit and that worked well, but I didn't mix it up all the way so it didn't stick that great. Other than that, it's pretty tough stuff.

Bronco_Chuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84, 86 & 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
when my carpet goes bad(which i hope it doesnt) i think im going to put in some diamond plateing
sorry but dimond plate and college student dont go well together, but hey knock yourself out.

i want to go with the bedliner for a few reasons 1. the truck has been choped (by my brother when he owned it) and is by no means sealed in so the easy clean up is a plus. 2. as stated erlyer having money for projects and college dont mix. so the DIY bedliner is probably best for me. 3. it has no exhaust after the cat so theres noise any way, and i can add a heat sheld later if its getting to hot.

FCXBronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 and 2000
Make / Model
Ford, Dodge
Engine Size
2.8v6
Transmission
Manual
yeah that is one thing if you do the herculiner is make sure you do a really good prep job. and for mixing the bedliner i took it down to the local paint store and they shook it up and mixed it with there machine for free so i dont know if that helped mine at all but i havent had any problems what so ever

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals