• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HELP!! interior light will not go off..

rednck21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Automatic
2000 3.0 5 speed.... i noticed last night when i got in and closed the door the overhead light didnt go off. i re closed it and it went off. today it stayed on all day. i took the drivers side door panel off and tried un plugging the sensor with no luck. i also tried jumping the plug to get it to go off....no luck there either. i dont have an owners manual so i started pulling fuses and the one i pulled that made the light go off also was for the wipers and its raining out. what should i try next??? any help is greatly appreciated!!

Sprag-O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
This... and dead slave cylinders are like the 2 biggest issues for the rangers every :dunno:

rednck21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Automatic

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
This... and dead slave cylinders are like the 2 biggest issues for the rangers every :dunno:
Tell me about it!

Seems like the slave is definitely the weak link in the clutch system, but when you have a new one it lasts a little while for me anyways.

Allen

rednck21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Automatic
i found a new door switch at the local parts house and im going to try to change it tomorrow to see if thats the problem...

rednck21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Automatic
CEL came on and threw a 232 code yesterday...replaced the vss and the interior light is working fine now...?? WTF?? are they on the same curcuit or something??

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

TexasDuck66
July Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

25th Anniversary Merch

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals