• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello from Dixon/DeKalb Illinois

Rockstar04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Hello, my name is Trent Petersen

I got the nickname Rockstar driving stock cars when I was 15, and my number was 04, so together you get Rockstar04, which I use on almost all forums I am on.

I have a 1997 3.0L Ford Ranger 4x4 Auto, COMPLETELY Stock. The truck started life as a commercial truck for a gas company in Indiana, was wrecked and sold at auction to a private buyer, then wrecked and auctioned again and bough by a co-worker, he repaired it and then sold it to me for $1500 in almost perfect condition with around 175,000 miles on the clock almost 3 years ago, since then its had 7,000 miles put on it. I have totaled the truck once bringing the "totaled" count up to 3 times. Today I finished a manual hub conversion and replaced a universal joint.

When I totaled it, I had the throttle stick and had to swerve to avoid plowing a row of cars at a stop sign, hit wet grass and slid into a concrete pylon. Pics from wreck:

Pics from today. My girlfriend showing off the rebuilt axle. :

Im in my freshman year at NIU in Dekalb IL but am from Dixon IL. Once I find a job in DeKalb I plan on getting a new bumper for the truck and a nice wench. I am going to whip out a set of new radius arms in Solidworks and put them on and I am going to start looking for the parts for a long leaf swap in the rear of the truck. I am not planning anything big, or anything specific, I want to keep it a good handy and fun truck.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome! There are several others from at least the Rockford area on here, think maybe three. Any plans, just find the right forum and settle in and enjoy!
Dave

patrick 26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
located in rockford

hey im located in rockford im looking for other people to go offroading with in the near by towns or cities if there is anyone write back

Tommy

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

powerranger262

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
That poor truck, it just wont die!

Rockstar04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
That poor truck, it just wont die!
No it indeed won't. lol The truck is still mechanically sound and the body is still as good as new, when it was wrecked in those pics we bought all new body oem parts from the radiator support forward and as well as a new hood (for less then $600 total), so no rust in the front of the truck at all. I am going to take some measurements of the radius arms before I go back to school so I can design a set in Solidworks and then make them.

How well does a radius arm mounted coil over work?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals