• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hard drive disk....

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
For the past 3 days my computer has started having its harddrive spin for no reason at all and it has slowed to even making programs not respond. I have had to hard reset it two times now. All started when I went to update my facebook and it had been idling (nothing unusual) and has been doing it since. I watch a movie and it laggs it really bad every 5-7 min, go online and makes it freeze or just be slow. I read up on it and people have said that it could be indexing stuff and could take a few days for it to stop and to turn it off and just did that restarted the computer and still does it. I havent downloaded anything or done anything out of the norm. Did a full virus scan on it and it didnt turn up anything, done a defrag, disk clean up. Some of my friends say that I may be looking at a new hard drive and that it shouldnt be doing this.

My specs are...

Lenovo G560
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
cpu: Intel(R) Dual Pentium(R) CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz (x64) at 1999MHz
gfx: Intel Corporation Intel(R) HD Graphics (Pentium) 1.68GB
res: 1366x768 32bit 59Hz
ram: 3894.9MB
hdd: C:\254.14GB
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Heres a picture of what I mean, the disk activity is at 100% for no reason at all.

And for the life of me or my computer, it has yet to find the SP1 download for windows 7 and currently doesnt have it and when I go to download it manually from microsoft, there are many to choose from and I have no clue which one to get.

Any and all help is welcome, this is getting annoying and fast.

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds to me like you have a hard drive that is dying.

crustacean

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
drivers

Windows 7 developers are still catching up with their device drivers, causing many weird problems. Before getting drastic, make sure you have installed the very latest drivers for everything, particularly the RealTek device.

Here is a procedure that Microsoft tech support sent me to try. It helped. Good luck!

"Please follow these steps and let me know the result.

Download drivers manually.

1. Click on Start .

2. Right Click on Computer and then left click on Properties.

3. Towards the top left corner, Click on Device Manager.

4. Expand the required device branch

5. Right click on the Driver and then click on Properties

6. Click on Details Tab

7. Click on the drop down menu and Select Hardware ID’s. Make a note of the Vendor ID and the Device ID.

8. Go to the website www.pcidatabase.com and enter the Device ID or Vendor ID and you will be able to find the updated drivers for download."

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
All of my drivers are updated, I make sure that my computer stays up to date on everything. I think all of this had started AFTER I had got more updates.

The realtek thing is just my cable connector drive for if I ever do hook this to a router with a wire and is never used but is up to date, it was one of the updated things.

Doom's Day Custom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
What kind of hard drive are you running ??? Alot of company offer a disk repair program..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals