• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

grey_04's Red Baron build thread.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
what I managed to find was a '2004 xlt extended cab 4x4 4.0 :yahoo: like a idiot i didn't get any good pics before the mods started while it was still daylight. and before I get flamed for no pics here's 2 i snapped tonight after I put my cap on and loaded it with the firedept stuff i carry..

on to the pics.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee507/grey_2004/004.jpg[/IMG

Well I got the chance to get some pics in the daylight and worked some more on a few mods i wanted to get done..
here it is sitting out in my yard.
[IMG]http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee507/grey_2004/005.jpg
got the reese hitch put on off the dakota. fit like a charm after i took off the bumper and got things moved around.

i'm making a list of goodies to pick up my next trip to the pic n pull like cup holders ( which some dumb a** took out before i got it) I want the radio bezel with fog light switches out of an explorer. just ordered factory fog lights off evilbay.
did the turn signal mod on the front. here's a shot of the interior that i took..

more mods and updates to come if there's enough interest I'll start a build thread.. thanks for looking and any ideas or suggestions are always welcome..:icon_cheers:

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well time for an update on the ranger. The weather has been getting a little nicer around here lately so I took the contractor cap off and mounted my toolbox on the truck. I've been giving my stepbrother a hand around his used car lot and he said hey your truck would look good with a bed cover on the rest of the bed with that toolbox. So i brought a Tonneau cover home with me and modded it to work with my toolbox. After turning in a bunch of aluminum cans and a crap load of copper wire i had stored up to have some extra money I ordered a set of steps off evilbay and mounted them on today. (not a big fan but when you haul your elderly grandparents in the truck what can you really do?:dunno:)

I seen this cool decal on evilbay so i thought wtf and ordered it. I think it adds an unique message to prying eyes.:icon_rofl:

As soon as my grandfather comes home from the hospital today a wash and wax might get done, may pick up some rain-x for my windows..
I have my radio bezel ready to shoot with paint this after noon so I'll work on that if I get a chance. I'd like to get my fog lights in later this weekend but time will soon tell.

If anyone has any ideas I could do on the cheep feel free to post and I'll see what i can do with my limited income now..

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
As stated before i've been working on a radio bezel from an explorer to get my factory fog light switch in. I only felt like having the one switch so I mixed up some fiberglass and used some matting to patch over the UN-needed hole and smeared some on the wiper light portion of the bezel.

that's it for now more later when i get to work on something again.. it won't happen overnight but someday I'll get there..

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
nice so far man. haha i like the name u named it, its catchy :icon_thumby:

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
tks Heavyfire.

Well went out after dealing with my flipped over carport and was gonna work on the bezel but as my frekin luck would have it the fiberglass i used didn't stick worth a crap. so it's back to the drawing board. I may hold out now and look for another bezel that only has one hole for fogs or find another unmolested one and just pop 2 switches in and just keep one for a spare.:mad:

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Just an update so I can keep track of my progress and dateline later in my build. Last night I spent most of my late night / early morning replacing all my universal joints on both drive-shafts so i wouldn't have issues later ( didn't take pics since most of us already know what's involved.) more to come later but family issues are eating my time lately..

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
tks Heavyfire.

Well went out after dealing with my flipped over carport and was gonna work on the bezel but as my frekin luck would have it the fiberglass i used didn't stick worth a crap. so it's back to the drawing board. I may hold out now and look for another bezel that only has one hole for fogs or find another unmolested one and just pop 2 switches in and just keep one for a spare.:mad:
sounds fun... haha i know the feelin

03ranger30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
what kind of tool box do you have in the back? been thinking about getting one myself

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
what kind of tool box do you have in the back? been thinking about getting one myself
I think it's a tractor supply one if my memory serves me correctly. found it on Craigs list for $75

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had a sequel in the rear brakes and didn't have much of a chance to check it out so I was running my side by side around till I had a chance to look at things. here's what I found. not the perfect pic but it shows how bad my rear pads were.....(I guess it's the joy of buying a used truck.lol)

while I had things apart I painted up my rear drums with red heat paint, hopefully it don't make it look like a ricer.

I then did the explorer bezel mod (nothing special but it works)
have to do something with the wiper indicator but it's in there..lol

Then i added a cheap set of fog lights till I decide if I'm gonna build a winch bumper or what I do to it..

I found a westin brushgaurd on Craigslist in Erie.pa went after it last night. as soon as i get it sandblasted and bed liner sprayed on it i'll post pics of the install..

brushgaurd installed till i figure out how to get the coating off

Last edited:

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well time for another update. I was snooping at harbor freight and found they had 6" off road lights similar to the kc lights on sale for $9.99 a piece so I grabbed 2 of them. then i ordered 2 of the kc soft covers from evilbay when they came in today I put them on my brush guard.

sorry no pics of the install since I was in the garage but I did snap a couple as i was test fitting stuff and running my wires.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to mod next? May try to power wash the frame and the underside down and do some painting under there:dunno:

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
got my trs window banner today :yahoo:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals