• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

good week...

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
If you got on the 6% bandwagon lately, there's no reason not to take out a 30 year mortgage. If you were staring at a 19% mortgage in 1979 or whatever, then yeah.
until the value of your house crashes

major price corrections are coming. i've been pouring over data this week. it's going to be impressive!

edit - where i live, i wont be able to afford even a 1br condo until i'm making 80k and there's another 5-7% price correction. 10% would be amazing. it's cheaper to rent

arrabil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah that sucks for most people. On the other hand none of the housing market is or will crash around me. 4 miles south in Maryland, the same house as mine literally used to sell for twice the cost and had twice the taxes. In the last 5+ years, York County has exploded in population and with that came all the stores and amenities yuppies look for, so a good portion of the Baltimore commuters moved across the state line. Say hello to higher home prices. Lucky for us, we got here right before most of this happened. For kicks, we got a quote from our bank, ie reputable mortgage, for a refinance of 175% of what we paid six years ago. Good times.

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
i live in the most resilient real estate market in the country, and prices have dropped 4% in the past year

when prices exceed wages you aren't safe period. this is empirically true

edit - really what i think this means is that i wouldnt take out a home equity loan right now. i really believe it's going to get ugly soon.

arrabil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
when prices exceed wages you aren't safe period
I have absolutely no idea how you people live out there. I grew up in Brooklyn/Long Island and the traffic is ten times worse 15 years later. That just speaks to the number of people that doesn't ever really go down... they just move around. My father recently bought a place in Westfield on about an acre and his taxes are more than my mortgage. You couldn't pay me enough to go back to living there after having spent a number of years in the "boonies." I can't even stand the drive back to visit. No matter the time of day, every f'in time I get off 295 to get on the Turnpike at exit 7, boom bumper-to-bumper TRAFFIC. I can't remember the last time I was in traffic here. At least sushi is dirt cheap. $80K to buy a condo... you'd be rich here.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Linux, you still got ole' whitey to move with, or did you sell her already? Now you wish you had a truck if it is gone, eh?

linuxman2003

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Linux, you still got ole' whitey to move with, or did you sell her already? Now you wish you had a truck if it is gone, eh?

nope still got it :) nobody wants to pay more than 2800... thats the kind of offers im getting emailed when i posted it for $4500... I've heard of lowballing but sheesh. I'm not dropping 1700 bucks! one of my friends has an f350 anyway, so I doubt I'll have any trouble moving stuff. (not like I have a lot to move anyway, just computer crap :D )

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Your computers poop? What do you feed them? Do they wear diapers or do you have a special computer potty?

And FYI, one can have a LOT of computer crap. Seen it.

linuxman2003

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Your computers poop? What do you feed them? Do they wear diapers or do you have a special computer potty?

And FYI, one can have a LOT of computer crap. Seen it.
They get pretty nasty, I have a bad habbit of feeding mine a line of microsoft products. :D

I'll be thinning down my collection of computer stuff, the only ones coming with me are my main machine (big desktop/big montor) my laptop, my file server (tiny little machine, turn it on and forget about it in a closet) and a computer for my roommate. Other than that, just going to be a few ethernet cables and a router... maybe supplies for the occasional lan party. (doubtful to ever happen at my place since I'm taking the living room and my buddy is getting the bedroom, only spare space is the kitchen :D ) My car is actually more suited to hauling computer stuff than the truck ever was, smoother ride and more interrior room to keep them nice and cool without having to worry about jostling the hard drives around so much. the only "big" things I need to move are a bed and maybe a dresser... other than that its just clothes. Oh and some books, but those will be easy to move with the car.

ozzy85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
None
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
225/75/15
My credo
Yeah... still here.
I know what you mean about people lowballing you on your vehicle. I had my 300ZX up for sale for $3000 for awhile. Did a lot of work on it. Rot free body. No takers, or phone calls that began with "What's the least you'll take for it?" I'm just gonna keep it and keep fixing it up. Talked to my Pops this week and he offered space in the shop to paint it. Cool.
Land prices/rent is nuts here. 300K for an average '70's 3br house, 200K for a total POS that's about 700sq/ft. Forty five percent of jobs posted around here are $9/hr or less. They can't figure out why people 30-50 years old are leaving faster than they can replace them. I might leave too. Can't carry them anymore. I have some college (A.A. deg), and a Tech degree. Funny.

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Congrats on the apartment.
I bought this house with 5.75% interest. Put 30% down and put an extra 150.00/month towards the principle. It wont be long until i have to refinance for kids education. So i'll be right back where i started from. LOL

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

major price corrections are coming. i've been pouring over data this week. it's going to be impressive!

edit - where i live, i wont be able to afford even a 1br condo until i'm making 80k and there's another 5-7% price correction. 10% would be amazing. it's cheaper to rent
I bought this place 10 years ago. It might crash right back down to what I bought it for, but I won't know it. It's a place to live not a Manhattan investment property.

I woudn't live in New York City with a ten foot pole. My brother in law lives there, makes about $100,000 designing investment software and I think he lives in some basement with a Pakastani taxi driver as a roomate.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals