• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Gathering Parts and People to Swap Lies and Tell Each Other How Great We All Are...

LuckyLuke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.0 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Washington —. I’m buying up the 3 4x4 TK5 transmissions and other parts I can find for my 2.8 1984. Ones in Spokane, ones in Moses Lake and there’s another one in Hoquiam with whatever’s left of a 1985 B2. Long story and I don’t type much so let’s just say I got burned on both these 2 trucks I bought recently.

Anyway, I’m going to just try to buy the whole 1984 B2. Anybody want part of it? - Somebody bought an 88 b2 off portland craigslist recently. Not that that has to do with anything.

I haven’t really looked at anyone’s profile to see who might be close to any of those junkyards but the point of this post is to see if anyone wants to trade some parts around or help me out with picking them up till I can drive up from Camas.

I found a guy from Spokane that does a weekly commute in his work truck to Forrest Grove ( west of Portland) and transports stuff for gas money. Good guy to know. He's going to pick up the one in Spokane for me but doesn’t drive the route through Moses Lake.

I’ve got a 4x4 fm 146 transmission and transfer case that was in the back of one of the trucks when I bought it. I was going to rebuild it. Also have an 85 2.0 that I’m rebuilding. I’m looking for parts and motors for two 1984 trucks. Stock or full swap set ups. Looking for ideas. There’s a guy on Portland CL that’s got some 1st gen body parts if anybody needs me to pick them up.

I’m also always trying to find work for my mobile mechanic buddy that’s helping me with these trucks. I gave him two vehicles in trade for his labor to fix up all my other stuff- Impala, Ford 250 &350, my trailers etc. . I’ve been keeping him busy but he”s too fast and doesn’t charge enough so he’s always looking for work. He lives in Sandy, OR.

I’m new to the forum and just throwing this out here to see what I can get started with people. Maybe a meet up at The Ranger Station. I mean the bar on Hawthorne in Portland. My gf has family in Tacoma and went to school in Olympia so other places would be cool too. Really just seeing if I can get some activity going, seeing who’s wrenching on their own trucks, see who's out riding or whatever. And trying to get my trucks running.

Post up whatever reply’s and ideas you might have. Thanks!

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
If I was just a few thousand measely miles closer, I’d be there.

ThatOneGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1983 1993
Make / Model
Ranger Explorer
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Explorer is 4.0 ranger is 2.3 soon to be 4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
My credo
Let the universe take you where it will !!!
We should still do this get our own small meet set up

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Nobody is stopping you. I have seen several instances of local get-togethers of TRS members. I have been trying to make invitations for some of the things I do here in the Carolinas. I just posted one the other day, letting people know I will be at Windrock in Tennessee in November. It would be great to have a few other TRS members go camping and wheeling with me then. Otherwise, I'm stuck with a bunch of Jeep and Toyota drivers I know locally.

ThatOneGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1983 1993
Make / Model
Ranger Explorer
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Explorer is 4.0 ranger is 2.3 soon to be 4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
My credo
Let the universe take you where it will !!!
Nobody is stopping you. I have seen several instances of local get-togethers of TRS members. I have been trying to make invitations for some of the things I do here in the Carolinas. I just posted one the other day, letting people know I will be at Windrock in Tennessee in November. It would be great to have a few other TRS members go camping and wheeling with me then. Otherwise, I'm stuck with a bunch of Jeep and Toyota drivers I know locally.
I know no ones stopping us however over here we seem to be widely scatterd about, with people disappearing for months or forever lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals