• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

fun story about my brother and his ranger

retep88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Chevy
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
This past weekend my aunt had a family get together at her house. My dad, my fiance, my older brother and I went in one vehicle. My little brother and my mom went in my little brother's 88 ranger.

We were running late because everyone slept in that morning, but my vehicle got to my aunts at 1 and lunch was 12:30 so weren't too late. About twenty minutes later and my little brother still isn't to my aunts. The little kids are starting to complain about being hungry. I call my mom to find out where she is and she says they are on the road that leads to my aunts house.

My aunt lives on a gravel country road at the top of a long hill. It had snowed recently and the hill was covered in ice. To make it up the hill you need to get a decent amount of speed, but nothing scary.

Not even five minutes after I hang up the phone with my mom, she calls me back. I am just joking around and ask "are you in the ditch?" She says yes and I collapse because I am laughing so hard. My mom gets pissed and hangs up on me. My brother had sped up to 45 to get up the hill, hit a patch of ice and spun out.

My cousin has a jeep cherokee, so we throw a tow rope in the back and go to pull them out. We get about half way down the hill and find the ranger in the ditch at the bottom. My brother had managed to back the ranger into the ditch so it looked like he was trying to drive up the side of the ditch. The side of the hill was at a 70 degree angle so that when you where sitting in the truck it felt like you where laying down. The truck was resting on it's rear bumper at the bottom with the front tires just off the edge of the road.

It didn't take long before we decide that my cousins jeep isn't going to be enough to get the truck out, especially since the road was covered in ice. My cousin takes my mom back to the house and leaves me with my brother and the truck.

I wanted to see how stuck the truck really was so I climbed inside, put it in four low, turned the truck on and gunned it. It tries to pull it self out, but it just starts slipping in the muddy snow. I try a couple more times putting gravel and sticks to get more traction, but I don't want to run the engine to much, I was afraid of starving the engine for oil, so I give up.

After a while my cousin come back down in his jeep and drops off a bag of salt before slipping down the rest of the hill. A little bit later my uncle comes down the hill with his garden tractor, my brother and three more cousins. In total, we had every male cousin and my uncle out there trying to pull out my brothers truck.

we hooked up the tractor and I hop into the truck and we manage to get the truck out. Fortunately for my brother, there was a quarter inch skid plate protecting the gas tank otherwise he would have put a 3 inch diameter tree trunk in to his tank. Other than my brothers pride, there didn't seem to be any damage, but we gave him a hard time the rest of the day.

Sorry I didn't get any pictures, I forgot my camera in the house when we went to pull my brother out. It's still a good story regardless.

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
:worthless:

Sucks you didn't get pictures! :(

But still a funny story regardless! :D

retep88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Chevy
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
Does this help?

It's the best I can do with out putting the truck back into the ditch

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
LOL!

Epic paint drawing that! Haha I know how it ended up in the ditch now anyway... I'll leave the rest up to my imagination I guess! :p lol

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
i wish i had a brother that owns a ranger, my little bro is a tard and all but one friend pick on RBV's

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
well you were able to get it out with the tractor that time so why not put it into the ditch again & this time get pictures,& pull it back out w/ the tractor. HA,HA ,HA

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
You know what? That's going to be a happy family memory (and the story will be told again and again) for years to come. Plus, you know that lunch tasted that much better after the hard work!

TheBeast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 1970
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
We've had many times like that happen. Its one of them things when it happens your pissed the whole time, or laughing. When its all over and your sitting at home, everyone gets to laugh, and like he said, it'll be a good memory lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals