• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel pump service life?

k3eaxk3eax

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
At what mileage did you replace your fuel pump. Did you do it as a preventative measure to forestall an eventual failure on the road or because the pump actually failed?

Also if your pump failed, had you ever previously replaced the external fuel filter?

Al

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
You can never tell with fuel pumps. sometimes they will last longer than the vehicle, sometimes they last no time at all.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
You can never tell with fuel pumps. sometimes they will last longer than the vehicle, sometimes they last no time at all.
+1

I've seen some fail right out of the box and some last 250k+

To some degree I think it depends on how you take care of them. You're supposed to try not to run the tank lower than 1/4 full because that extra gas sloshing around in there helps keep the pump cooler.

The external fuel filter should be replaced on a regular basis. I try to do it every 15-20k because it only takes one bad tankful to f it up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals