• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford dominates truck pull!

Twizzler09

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/256CI V6
Transmission
Manual
this past friday the local fair held a truck pull, and all night long it was mostly chevs with a couple oddball dodges, until one particular class that is.

The 8000lb dually diesel 4x4s

The field in that class was two fords, two chevs, and a dodge. The first truck to go was a mid 90's ford dually with a 7.3L turbo PSD....and holy cow what a pull! 346 feet! The officials had to check the weights on the trailer to make sure they had the right ones, lol!

Both the chevs went after that, the first one got a 291, the second a 286, then the dodge pulled and hauled in a solid 299. The second ford was an older one that someone had swapped a 7.3 into, and it pulled in another amazing 337 feet. :icon_surprised:

Who says ford can't haul? :D

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
this past friday the local fair held a truck pull, and all night long it was mostly chevs with a couple oddball dodges, until one particular class that is.

The 8000lb dually diesel 4x4s

The field in that class was two fords, two chevs, and a dodge. The first truck to go was a mid 90's ford dually with a 7.3L turbo PSD....and holy cow what a pull! 346 feet! The officials had to check the weights on the trailer to make sure they had the right ones, lol!

Both the chevs went after that, the first one got a 291, the second a 286, then the dodge pulled and hauled in a solid 299. The second ford was an older one that someone had swapped a 7.3 into, and it pulled in another amazing 337 feet. :icon_surprised:

Who says ford can't haul? :D
The 7.3 is a great engine. Too bad Ford screwed the pooch and stopped using it. Of course, pulling has more to do with suspension setup when you are running turbo diesels so it's not really a Ford v Chevy v Dodge thing. It's about the owner and his knowledge.

I would still rather have the Cummins though if only considering current offerings. And since I am ACTIVELY shopping for a one ton to haul my track car around, I think Ford should seriously get the IH 7.3 back in the lineup so I can come back to them. If not, I will be stuck replacing wheel bearings and ball joints on a Dodge so I can have a solid driveline.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No, pulling is more a measure of dumb luck, cubic dollars and the owners spare time than anything.

People want more power, so Ford gave it to them. After they got tired of IH's crap they kicked them to the curb and built their own... which will rip anything IH built for them apart.

Last edited:

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The 7.3 is a great engine. Too bad Ford screwed the pooch and stopped using it. Of course, pulling has more to do with suspension setup when you are running turbo diesels so it's not really a Ford v Chevy v Dodge thing. It's about the owner and his knowledge.

I would still rather have the Cummins though if only considering current offerings. And since I am ACTIVELY shopping for a one ton to haul my track car around, I think Ford should seriously get the IH 7.3 back in the lineup so I can come back to them. If not, I will be stuck replacing wheel bearings and ball joints on a Dodge so I can have a solid driveline.
Ya, that 7.3 in a new ford thing probably will not happen. The ford/navistar argument/lawsuit is a pretty long and sticky one. So you probably will not be seeing an international power-plant in a ford anytime soon. Its not that ford screwed the pooch on the 7.3, its more like new emissions standards skewed the 7.3. That is the main reason for the rush in development which provided everyone with a faulty first 3 years for the 6.0psd and another rush on the 6.4 which led to horrible mileage and more faults. Both the 6.0 and 6.4 are amazing engines in their own rights, and both can provide some killer power outputs, but you have to be ready to put money into them right off of the bat, in the form of EGR deletes and Head studs..etc. I am interested to see how the 6.7 psd will do down the road a few years. on paper it is an awesome engine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals