• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

FL Vehicle Registration

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
I was wondering what the process is for registering a vehicle in Florida. I'm moving, and need to get all my vehicles, trailers, boat, etc. transferred over. I know when I went to ND from MN it took several trips to the DMV before I had the right combo of forms, documentation, and clerk for everything to work. I'd like to hopefully minimize that this time around. If anyone's done it, what am I required to bring with and have done? I

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.
Hate to say it, but, the website might have all the info you need. Trying to navigate it might be the issue though.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
The Florida DMV is a circus. Be prepared for them to tell you that you don't have the right paperwork. SO HAVE ALL OF YOUR PAPERWORK READY. you'll need your titles, proof of Florida Insurance, state registrations, if you have any tickets or fines in your state, take care of them first and get receipts with dates clearly visible. If you don't smoke cannabis, take a Xanax before you go. Don't bother trying to do it by appointment, that's a joke the DMV likes to play with people. They'll just tell you to take a number and have a seat.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
I was wondering what the process is for registering a vehicle in Florida. I'm moving, and need to get all my vehicles, trailers, boat, etc. transferred over. I know when I went to ND from MN it took several trips to the DMV before I had the right combo of forms, documentation, and clerk for everything to work. I'd like to hopefully minimize that this time around. If anyone's done it, what am I required to bring with and have done? I
Besides my post above, of you have real questions, DM me, my MIL works for the DMV here in Tallahassee.

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
The Florida DMV is a circus. Be prepared for them to tell you that you don't have the right paperwork. SO HAVE ALL OF YOUR PAPERWORK READY. you'll need your titles, proof of Florida Insurance, state registrations, if you have any tickets or fines in your state, take care of them first and get receipts with dates clearly visible. If you don't smoke cannabis, take a Xanax before you go. Don't bother trying to do it by appointment, that's a joke the DMV likes to play with people. They'll just tell you to take a number and have a seat.
Haha, that sounds exactly like the crap circus in North Dakota then.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Haha, that sounds exactly like the crap circus in North Dakota then.
When I moved back to FL after living in Arkansas for 2 years, I had to pay a fine that I already paid in order to get my AR license, to get my FL license again. Because I didn't have the 2yo paperwork to say I paid the fine. BUT AR maid me pay the fine I order to get a license, so I had to pay the same fine twice, plus a $25 fee for something (?).

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.
*****SPOIL ALERT***** All state government run agencies are all a big CIRCUS. Dem. and Rep., they will find a way to screw it up. LOL

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals