• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

First NEW truck, hell yeah.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
The basic radio and speakers sound awesome in the 19+ rangers compared to the old ones, night and day difference. The locker IS real nice. Wasn't going to buy a truck that didn't have it, would definitely reccomend.
Ooooh Mr. Fancy pants and his "radio". Cruising around like a big shot listening to the beach boys...

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Ooooh Mr. Fancy pants and his "radio". Cruising around like a big shot listening to the beach boys...
Ah, the radio... or as you call it, the chowdah catcher.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ONE TIME! WILL YOU PEOPLE EVER LET THAT GO!
If forgotten history will repeat itself.

Do you really want that to happen?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
The basic radio and speakers sound awesome in the 19+ rangers compared to the old ones, night and day difference. The locker IS real nice. Wasn't going to buy a truck that didn't have it, would definitely reccomend.
I have no idea how the radios in my Bronco 2 or Ranger sound, neither radio works LOL. I was leaning towards getting the truck with a locker anyways because its available even in the XL model and the added traction in really bad weather is a must. A few years ago we had 2 feet of snow in town, I was scraping skid plates in my 08 Toyota Tundra and found it was struggling for traction at times, so a locker would definitely be nice.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Exactly... I can get in any other vehicle with an automatic and know exactly when it's going shift. I haven't got a freaking clue what the 10 speed is going to do. Up? Down? Skip 3 gears? Who knows! It does shift extremely fast though so at least there is no lag while its randomly changing gears for no apparent reason...
The shifting is so smooth, you really have to be paying attention to notice when the transmission is shifting. You can also manually select what gear the transmission is in with the + and - buttons on the gear selector if more control is what one desired.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo

Got the 2.5" RC level installed yesterday as well as the 255/75/17 kenda klever m/t's. Made a HUGE difference, super happy with it. Excited for mud season to arrive to go get sloppy on some seasonal mountain roads.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
Truck looks great, those tires should work well for you. Although I wonder how well they'll do for snow/ice though since they're more of a mud terrain tire.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Truck looks great, those tires should work well for you. Although I wonder how well they'll do for snow/ice though since they're more of a mud terrain tire.
Thanks! The tires certainly won't be optimal in winter conditions, but they'll be good enough for my liking/needs. Especially having the locker & 4x4.

I didn't bother putting my winter wheels/tires on my old truck this year, and just left the muddies on. With the LSD I had put in last spring, I was able to get around just fine with the 2wd. If it still had an open diff I'm sure it would of been a completely different story though!

Oh! Also gave the truck its first foot-to-floor romp for a couple seconds. Very impressed. I was anticipating that due to the size of the turbo the motor would start to get choked up and fall off past its peak tq. rpm.. certainly doesn't feel like it. Id almost describe the way it pulls as relentless... almost.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
Thanks! The tires certainly won't be optimal in winter conditions, but they'll be good enough for my liking/needs. Especially having the locker & 4x4.

I didn't bother putting my winter wheels/tires on my old truck this year, and just left the muddies on. With the LSD I had put in last spring, I was able to get around just fine with the 2wd. If it still had an open diff I'm sure it would of been a completely different story though!

Oh! Also gave the truck its first foot-to-floor romp for a couple seconds. Very impressed. I was anticipating that due to the size of the turbo the motor would start to get choked up and fall off past its peak tq. rpm.. certainly doesn't feel like it. Id almost describe the way it pulls as relentless... almost.
Very nice work with the leveling kit and tire package, makes the truck look better. Maybe something I could do if I ever get a new Ranger. Thinking of just the XL model with the locker and tow package, nothing extravagant, just a Point A to Point B work truck, with the extended cab and 6 foot bed...saw that Budweiser is using the new Rangers for their sales, service, and inventory management vehicles, the one I saw yesterday was just the basic XL with the 6 foot bed, looks pretty good for a basic model pickup. Just changing wheels and tires would make a huge difference on the XL package trucks, may just do that, probably be a year or maybe 2 but the new Ranger is growing on me for sure. For some reason they just look so huge, but someone had posted a photo of the 2011 Ranger and a 2020 Ranger with specs and there isn't much difference, I guess maybe the crew cab model just throws things out of proportion so it just looks bloated....Definitely have to take a look at that Ranger soon though, start feeling my way around them and do a test drive and see how it does. Although I'd love a new F250 with the 7.3L V8 LOL, I just don't do enough towing to warrant that size of a truck, and even if I get that new Tractor soon, I think I could find a 90's F250 to handle the towing task just fine.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its a substantially larger truck than the old models, make no mistake. As long as an f150, just not as wide. It doesn't feel as big as it looks though (thats what she said) definitely feels more like the old models than a full size when driving.

I'll do my best to egg you on into buying one (do it!)

How frequently would you be hauling the tractor? And how big of a tractor is it? I've read a few people say they've towed 5k+ pounds and besides sucking down fuel.. they hardly notice they're towing anything.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
Its a substantially larger truck than the old models, make no mistake. As long as an f150, just not as wide. It doesn't feel as big as it looks though (thats what she said) definitely feels more like the old models than a full size when driving.

I'll do my best to egg you on into buying one (do it!)

How frequently would you be hauling the tractor? And how big of a tractor is it? I've read a few people say they've towed 5k+ pounds and besides sucking down fuel.. they hardly notice they're towing anything.
From the specifications its only 3 inches wider and 7 inches longer than the 2011 Ranger, and if I recall, so its not as bloated as I thought they were. Seeing them running around town now, the 4 door ones look ridiculous with the Sport Trac sized beds LOL, the extended cab models with the 6 foot beds look better to me, but then again I use a truck as a truck not a family sedan so differences in usage of course would definitely define what configuration to get.

As for the tractor it will be a Kubota BX2680 with a loader....I think roughly 3,000 pounds at the most. Honestly the only time I'd really need to haul it would be to the dealer for service/warranty work but that's a 40 mile one way trip on the highway. I'd rather have a larger truck if I'm going to be towing stuff like that. My trailer weighs 2200lbs empty, so it would be well over 5k towing weight plus any other implements I'd have to haul too. I think if my uncle wanted to borrow it he could just drive it the mile to his house LOL.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I understand the bed sides are substantially taller as well, I thi k but hat contributes to it looking bigger.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals