• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Explorers 6 positions in top 10 clunker trade ins

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The thing helping Ford right now is that the Japanese companies offer next to nothing in rebates and barely even a promo rate for financing. Ford offers good rebates and 0%. That actually makes new cars affordable to people that couldn't buy on last year. They get 4500 bucks for that POS they are driving now that's only worth a grand at best, then take 2 grand off and all of a sudden they are only paying 200 a month for a brand new car that's saving them 100 a month in gas.

TonkaSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Last time I was at the dealer, it's only 50% US parts content. Oh sure, it's assembled in Michigan, but it's less American than a Toyota Camry or Nissan Altima.
I'm sry, I don't GAF where its made, assembled, or whatever. Toyotas still have a "J" as the first letter in the VIN and not a 1...

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
never get a neon......my buddy bought it for 100 bucks but its such a shitbox......cheaply made with a 2.0 and a 3spd auto w/o od. but its supposivly a "highliner"
I used to drive a Neon at work with the 2.0 and 3 sp auto. It took some wicked amounts of abuse and never gave much problems. I was never a fan of the Neon either, until I personally beat the crap out of one. Now I have some respect for them. They're incredibly nimble little cars too. I would just throw it into sharp turns and it never even chirped a tire.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm sry, I don't GAF where its made, assembled, or whatever. Toyotas still have a "J" as the first letter in the VIN and not a 1...
Go to a Toyota dealer and do some research. Only those assembled in japan have a J code.

explodan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
actually explorers ranked 1 to 4 and 7 and 8 and the range was from 94 to 99 model years.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
I used to drive a Neon at work with the 2.0 and 3 sp auto. It took some wicked amounts of abuse and never gave much problems. I was never a fan of the Neon either, until I personally beat the crap out of one. Now I have some respect for them. They're incredibly nimble little cars too. I would just throw it into sharp turns and it never even chirped a tire.
are you related to him? he beats on it like you say you did and he took it thru the woods once. they are just too damn low and pickup low beams hurt my eyes in it
that and if i can run it over in my chevy its too low

TonkaSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Go to a Toyota dealer and do some research. Only those assembled in japan have a J code.
Ok, so about 50% of them. Last time I checked, Canada, Mexico, and the US were all part of this continent called NORTH AMERICA. So if your vehicle was made in Mexico, it's still American

Bear_Slayer

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have to agree that the Focus is pretty tiny. In the backseat my head was touchin (I'm only 6') and it pissed me off. I'd still buy one, but only the ST version. They're fast, and great on gas. Not to mention a stock sound system that can give you a good back message.

The car I was in wont last long though, it's in the hands of someone that likes to get wasted and leave her keys sitting out. A 14 or so year old kid took her keys to her Isuzu Amigo, it ended up on it's side wrapped around a tree.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, so about 50% of them. Last time I checked, Canada, Mexico, and the US were all part of this continent called NORTH AMERICA. So if your vehicle was made in Mexico, it's still American
Actually, that only applies to North American companies. Toyota actually HAS to build it here. Thanks NAFTA.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals