• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

engine cleaning

nvrsunk02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 2002 supercab with the 4.0L. Want to clean and detail the engine compartment. Any secrets? What can and cant get wet? Any tips on how to do it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I've always heard just to pressure wash the bay, spray on a water based cleaner while its still wet and walk away. It dries to a good shine. Make sure not to spray the coil packs. Use a water based cleaner. I think eagle one is. Hope this helps.

DNGR_RNGR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have always used the pressure washer at a car wash myself. Normally I would open the hood and spray everything with degreaser and then wash the resh of the truck while that was soaking. Afterwards, I'd just hose everything down with trigger pulled about halfway.

I would not however spray to much on the alternator or any electrical connections. They are sealed pretty well for water spalsh, but forced water is a different story.

Just let the degeaser do it's job (simple green, mean green) and just use the water to rinse.

nvrsunk02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the response. Is there anything besides the coil pack that I should watch out for getting wet? Should I cover anything to prevent electrical component damage?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals