• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Energy Suspension sway bar bushings/end links for '04 4x4

600$04Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Xlt 4wd 4.0L V6
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31x10.5
My credo
Mandates are for fascist dictators!
Getting ready to replace or upgrade the sway bar bushings, end links, as well as both inner and outer tie rods. Wondering if I should go for the polyurethane kit from Energy Suspension or the Moog poly end links and non poly(I think) bushings which are 20 bucks cheaper. Not concerned about the 20 even though I have managed to tack at least 300 Jackson's onto the original 30 Jackson's I plopped down for my chance to revive an aging and neglected Ranger with 200,000 miles and unknown issues yet to be discovered. It was someone else's mess that I hoped I could clean up. And I mostly did. Have replaced or repaired most of the important stuff and am continuing to do so as time and money allows. Typical O.C.D. amateur mechanic quest to polish a turd. No regrets though and I don't really call my truck Turd. Other than chugging gas like a frat boy at a keg party chugs beer its a versatile rig that I enjoy driving. Really inspired by what I have learned on this site and everyone here who is on their own quest to Rangerdom. So many ways to improve or simply fix these trucks that nearly no two trucks are exactly alike!

So blah blah blah and yadda yadda! Sway bar and tie rods. Mine both need attention. Experiencing a bit of wandering steering at freeway speeds. Am pretty sure is from either worn inner tie rods, tired sway bar components, or a combination of those needing attention. Already replaced upper and lower ball joints, front and rear shocks(KYB monomax), leaf springs, transmission mount(Energy Suspension Polyurethane), and am not hauling a pallet of bricks or anything note worthy that would affect steering as far as I know. Should I expect a pleasing improvement in handling after I check this off my to do list? Appreciate any feedback, questions, criticism, or off the topic responses. I'm all ears:)

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
Replacing anything with slop in it will make MAJOR improvements to handling. Just don't forget that after tie rods, you'll most likely need an alignment.

600$04Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Xlt 4wd 4.0L V6
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31x10.5
My credo
Mandates are for fascist dictators!
Thanks for your advice. After I posted that I thought it might be a stupid question or more importantly lacked specific descriptions of the current characteristics other than vaguely mentioning wandering. Hard to predict the outcome from such a limited point of reference. I should have just asked if anyone had the Energy Suspension links installed and if there are any advantages that they noticed versus the stock links. But I ramble and go off topic in an attempt to humor readers of my post as if I'm in a creative writing class. Gotta be more straightforward and concise. Oh well, I love reading these posts and will keep coming back!

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
I've used various forms of poly bushing on everything I change and love them. However my only point of reference is 30 year old factory parts. Anything is an improvement on axles with 3" of slop.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals