• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

driving to the north pole

EnglishDan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I watched this too, awesome. I must admit the toyotas looked the business. Being British, I have watched top gear from time to time, but I watch it more now as my wife is a big fan. It is on the BBC America, Channel 173 in Louisville!

jhammel85

I saw this too. One of my favorite shows.

You have to admit that the Toyota was a really good truck.

I knew Jeremy would end up breaking something when he started busting through the ice!

EnglishDan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I couldn't fault the Toyota, they are proven. If ever you watch programs that take place in Africa or the Middle East the vehicles are nearly always Toyota - usually Landcruisers. Never a Ranger!

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I watched this too, awesome. I must admit the toyotas looked the business. Being British, I have watched top gear from time to time, but I watch it more now as my wife is a big fan. It is on the BBC America, Channel 173 in Louisville!
My mothers english and i'm "half" english. I love watching Top Gear. I remember Top Gear when it was Fifth Gear. I miss watching it on TV in England...

R***A**N**G**E***R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
that video won't play for me!!! lol , when I click play it says ( not available in your area ) wtf is that all about? I tried it using firefox and internet explorer and I even changed my ip address!! I guess it doesn't like the midwest.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
that video won't play for me!!! lol , when I click play it says ( not available in your area ) wtf is that all about? I tried it using firefox and internet explorer and I even changed my ip address!! I guess it doesn't like the midwest.
youtube it:icon_thumby:

eric17mx

I couldn't fault the Toyota, they are proven. If ever you watch programs that take place in Africa or the Middle East the vehicles are nearly always Toyota - usually Landcruisers. Never a Ranger!

Lol its because they dont want to destroy a nice truck so they get toys.

Last edited:

Tommy

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Lame, when I try to play the video it says "Not available in your area"

eric17mx

I love the people who rag on others for their opinions, it comes down to me wanting to support my country, plain and simple! Buy american! While theres still time!!

Great_Big_Abyss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I love the people who rag on others for their opinions, it comes down to me wanting to support my country, plain and simple! Buy american! While theres still time!!
Supporting your country has nothing to do with consumerism, and Buy American is a load of horsecrap. It's just a made-up word invented by politicians so they can appear to be fighting the 'economic downturn'. It doesn't even really do anything. Its not like any new trade laws were implemented, or new tarrifs imposed to discourage importing.

If every country actually implemented and enforced a buy 'our country' act, the world economy would go down the shitter. Fortunes are made off of trade.

So go ahead and wave the damn flag, you makeshift patriot. The flag shop is out of stock, why don't you hang yourself at half mast?

In any case, most 'imports' are made in North America anyway. And I'm not talking about merely assembled, I'm takling about the body panels actually being stamped and the engine blocks being cast.

Anyway, Top Gear is my all-time favorite show. I have every season on my computer. Did you know Jezza and May got into a bit of hot water for their stunt with the gin?

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Supporting your country has nothing to do with consumerism, and Buy American is a load of horsecrap. It's just a made-up word invented by politicians so they can appear to be fighting the 'economic downturn'. It doesn't even really do anything. Its not like any new trade laws were implemented, or new tarrifs imposed to discourage importing.

If every country actually implemented and enforced a buy 'our country' act, the world economy would go down the shitter. Fortunes are made off of trade.

So go ahead and wave the damn flag, you makeshift patriot. The flag shop is out of stock, why don't you hang yourself at half mast?

In any case, most 'imports' are made in North America anyway. And I'm not talking about merely assembled, I'm takling about the body panels actually being stamped and the engine blocks being cast.

Anyway, Top Gear is my all-time favorite show. I have every season on my computer. Did you know Jezza and May got into a bit of hot water for their stunt with the gin?
I would much rather buy something that says "made in USA" then made in China. What's wrong with that? Why would you get so angry about someone believing that buying American made products helps our economy? Chill out man.:icon_twisted:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals