• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Door Ajar Switch Sensor

marklbc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nissan
Make / Model
xterra
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys my passenger door switch sensor went out. dome light stays on so i took out the bulb for right now. But everywhere i look to buy a switch sensor it says it’s for manual locks, will that fit my 2011 Power lock ranger? thank you

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The door sensor/switch is at the bottom of the latch unit inside the door, so they get dirty from water washing dirt down and inside them

They work by switch Closing when door is open, so "computer" gets a GROUND signal on that door's wire when door is OPEN
So simply unplugging the 2 wires on the switch disables it, so door is always "closed" as far as computer is concerned

You can try spraying WD-40 or similar thin lubricant into the latch unit and it will run down inside and maybe clean out the switch, so it can open again(no ground), right now switch is stuck closed

Yes, it does look like power lock and manual lock used different attachment to latch

Try Ford SW4607 , thats 2011 passenger door power lock at autozone

The ones I have changed were "twist lock", so you need to unbolt the latch so you can pull it away from the door and then twist the old one off/out and then twist the new one on/in
Then bolt latch back up, but make sure its aligned

marklbc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nissan
Make / Model
xterra
Transmission
Automatic
Appreciate it. Did the wd40 bath and it didn’t work for me. and will it drain my battery at all even with the dome light bulb taken out? is there anything else this door switch sensor might be triggering?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You should have the "Door Ajar" light on as well, sometimes that goes off with the key

The interior light relay will be activated, for sure, that's about a 0.5amp draw
BUT..............you have a Battery Saver Relay system, it should shut off interior light relay after 30-45minutes of no activity

i.e. if you should leave the dome light on by accident, battery saver system should shut it off after 30-45 min
You can test this by connecting bulb back up and waiting

Because I am not sure if "it" will cut power IF "it" thinks someone is still in the vehicle if door "shows" its open????

"It" is the Smart junction box(SJB) used in 2004 to 2011 Rangers
I thought Key OFF was what triggered the 30-45min timer but not sure on 2011

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals