• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dome light info (of interest to standard cab guys)

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
ill get some info and more pics collected for you tomorrow jim. i didnt even think of getting the part number. ill get a price too, even though it'll vary from spot to spot.

ill take pics and get part numbers, brand name, and prices of the LED's i used...though its pretty easy to track them down if you just type in google "123 LED replacement"...123 being the number of the regular bulb that fits. that catalog on sylvanias site is pretty handy.

just found this with google: LED's

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
http://superbrightleds.com/bulb_cross.htm

This is the cross reference chart from the website I posted in the tech library.

I tried getting that fixture and they would only sell me the whole assembly for something like $68. I told them no thanks. I have an acquaintance of a friend of a friend that might have one. I don't know how to get ahold of him though so I'll just wait until he comes over next.

I wish my stupid '84 would quit giving me crap to I can start on this stuff.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
alrighty.

the 3 bulb fixture part number is: F37Z-13776-B. its $43-$63 depending on your dealer (i guess more if your captain ledd :icon_twisted: ). for most people, a junkyard scavange could probably turn one up for about $10.

the LED's i used are by a company called varad: VARAD.COM (their site is flash powered).

the part number for the 194 replacement leds (the map lights) is ALWP-WH (the "WH" at the end indicates white color, they come in a variety of colors) and are about $10 for a pack of two. i cant seem to locate these on their site :dntknw:.

the part number for the festoon bulb (the dome light) is AL1W-WH (again, WH denotes white, these come in white or blue). these will run about $27 for one bulb "kit". LINK.

or like i said, just google "LED replacement" or the like and you'll get a billion hits.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
What I just did last night b/c I couldn't not find a ranger dome light at the junk yards I found a light out of the exp. that I pulled my console from. its sweet the only thing that I had to do was trim the top tabs off to let the wires come in at a new direction. I like it, it seems to be brighter than the stander ranger light.
The back story is when I bought the truck the prior owner replaced the stock light with one from autozone b/c he wanted to put in a roll cage but never did.

hihoslvr

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'04
Make / Model
F.O.R.D.
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey, I got sorta of a lame - a$$ question, but I'll ask anyway: I'm guessing cuz I got the stripped down "EDGE" pkg, there's no provision for an on-off switch on my interior light... am I retarded or is this how Ford "encourages" people to buy the XLT pkg? (I wish I had map pockets in the doors too) Since I can't turn the interior light off, I just pulled the bulb out, cuz it's annoying.

Last edited:

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
im not sure i understand what your asking. no ranger comes with the option to turn the dome light off...it comes on automatically when the doors are opened in all cases.

if your truck has a single bulb fixture, you can install the triple bulb one, but it will only function as a normal dome light (coming on when the door is opened or the headlight knob is turned). you wont be able to use the sliding switch on the fixture for turning the map lights on individually since your trucks wiring isnt supplying a 12 volt constant source to the fixture.

hihoslvr

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'04
Make / Model
F.O.R.D.
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, alright, I am retarded, sorry I mean mentally challenged! My old toyota had a 3-way switch (on/off/door). I thought some Ford trucks had a setting on the interior lights' dimmer dial to turn the overhead light off. Guess not, so I just keep a mini-maglight in the glove, (note to self: check batteries).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals