• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Does anyone know ???

Trailrated92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone know if its a direct swap on a 1992 ext cab ranger to switch the back quarter windows from the permanently closed ones to the ones that pop open a little ?

What Im trying to find out is if the recess in the exterior body panel where the windows sit is the same for both styles or if the metal is formed differently or something like that to create a pocket for the opening style window to sit in when closed.

Im asking because I found a complete gray interior for my Ranger over a year ago, and in my haste and excitement I didnt pay attention to the fact that the truck I pulled the panels from had the opening quarter windows and mine doesnt, So, the interior trim panels in the ext cab area have a cutout in the plastic where the handle goes to unlatch the windows.

This leaves me with only a few options.

1) Use the panels the way they are, with my permanently sealed quarter windows, which will leave a pretty obvious and unsightly hole in the interior panels, not something thats good when your trying to build a show truck.

2) Try to cut out "patches" of plastic from my old interior panels and try to close up the holes where the handles would be, but Im not confident in the end result.

3) Convert my permanently shut rear quarter windows to the opening style ( what I would like to do if possible ) I found another 92 in the junkyard that has the opening style windows, latches, hinges etc. But I dont want to spend the time and money to get them and then find out they wont fit or work in the sheetmetal opening I have.

Thoughts????:icon_confused:

metman4ever

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
331 stroker
Transmission
Automatic
I can't say for certain, but i would think it would work fine. typically ford didn't do much changin in the sheetmetal for things like this.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals