• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dirt bike trails????

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys. I was wondering if you all know some good places to ride in western Washington. I've been to Tahuya, Sequim and Evans creek, but I'm hoping to find a place a little closer to the King/Pierce county areas. Something I could go to after work and tare it up some. I'm getting kind of tired of driving 2+ hours just ride for a few hours. I'm thinking there has to be something around the Black Diamond area or something? I just picked up this 07 RMZ250, and I can't wait to break it in. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys.

-Chris

[/IMG]

Last edited:

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
There are places by Black Daimond to ride, but they are all illegal, and frowned upon. Or, by the people who want to have trails in the future, anyway. It seems like most people in this area don't care.

It is a bit of a drive (2 hours) but there is a TON of riding in Little Naches. Then there's the Naches Trail, which is maybe 20 minutes out of Green water.(an hour away maybe -from Enumclaw-). It is a good trail. I think it's almost 10 miles long, so you'd have a 20 mile ride.

Then there's Elbe which is also about an hour away from Enumclaw, but there isn't a ton of trials there, and the ones that are there are 4wd's, but you can take motorcycles on them.

EDIT: Nice bike, I bet it serves you well! We should go riding sometime. I just have to put my bike back together since my buddy blew the piston apart when he rode it... It's an 01 CR125.

87rangerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger sc
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
place to ride motorcycles

You might want to try Capitol State Forest down by Olympia. There are lots of motorcycle trails there as well as camping. No four wheel drive trails though. Try the middle waddell area, or the rock candy entrance.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, Capitol Forest would be a good one, although it is a little bit further than a lot of places. I've never been, but my cousin was sayin that there are 4wd trails at Capitol Forest that come out of Straddle ORV park. I don't know how true that is though.

87rangerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger sc
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
capitol forest

This has been discussed before on other forums as well. There are no legal 4x4 trails in capitol forest. You can drive on the open logging roads, but unless there is a lot of snow, there is nothing you couldn't drive with any wo wheel drive car.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ok, I'm sure that;s the case then. I think the trails my cousin is talking about are right there in Straddleline then.

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Awesome, thanks guys. I'll have to check out the Capital forest, probably this weekend. Let me know when you get your bike back together dogboy, we'll hit up some trails for sure. I have a couple other friends that are itching to get out too. It would be cool to do a camp/ride combo, and get a couple days riding in. 2001 was a really good year for CR's. My buddy has an '01 CR250, and it's pretty bad ass. You have the parts yet?

-Chris

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, it was a good year for them. I honestly can't remember if the bike is an 2000 or a 2001 I'd have to go out and look, but it was the first year for the aluminum perimeter frame.
I think the only parts on it are an FMF pipe of some kind (it was there when I bought the bike), which is the expansion chamber, muffle and all.

I'll probably have ti back together in a couple weeks (I tend to go out to the garage to work and get side tracked, then get NOTHING done...). My cousin and one of our friends want to go riding bad too.

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Word. Hit me up when it's fixed, and we'll set up a good trail run. I'm trying to get some good pics and video for a web site my sister and I are starting called "ENDOmotosport.com". The more riders the merrier. Did you just blow your top end, or are you rebuilding both?

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Blew the top end. It melted out a chunk of the piston right by the exhaust port. So I just got a new piston and gaskets and stuff (it didn't really damage the cylinder at all), and and putting it all back together.

nothnbutaranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
hell yeah

VIVA THE RANGER, I checked out endomotosport.com and you were right about it being really cool. Thanks for the info. I'm into dirtbikes almost as much as I am into Rangers. I grew up riding bikes in Washington too. Have you had a chance to ride the dunes up there yet?

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
VIVA THE RANGER, I checked out endomotosport.com and you were right about it being really cool. Thanks for the info. I'm into dirtbikes almost as much as I am into Rangers. I grew up riding bikes in Washington too. Have you had a chance to ride the dunes up there yet?
No I haven’t been out to Eastern Wa much at all. I have been to Winchester bay Or. a few times thoug. Lot's of space down there, and it's nice to be by the water.
Thanks for checking out the sight. It's a work in progress, but it's comming along pretty good now. Check out the forums if you get a chance. Not many members yet, but we're workin on it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals