• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dana 30 SAS questions

Iceman21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Engine Size
2.8L (soon to be 350) and 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone, I just finished my SAS and I can't post pics from my phone don't have tapatalk. But anyway, I got every thing in... XJ 6.5" lift springs and 2" pucks with a bronco2/xj spring pack in the rear. All together ir's about 10" of lift and it's 33" from rockers to the ground. So to the point, what shocks should I run? I'm on a serious budget so I was thinking maybe the pro comp es3000 or the es9000. Wondering if anyone has ran these, if so, how did they perform? Also, my axle seems to have settled about 1 3/4" to the passenger side, can't seem to wrap my head around this... Anyway any input will be greatly appreciated!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
adjusting your track bar should center you back up...

pics, use photobucket.

shocks, pro comps are okay... but there are far better shocks out there.

Iceman21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The track bar is a ball joint on one side, it's a stock Xj bar. Unless there is some way to adjust it I think I'm stuck! Haha The drive shaft still looks strait... It's a off-road only vehicle, should I really worry about it?
also on the shocks I have about a $200 for the front two. What should I get?

982WDRanger

07/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, Bored .030 over!
Transmission
Manual
I just did my sas in May, it came out great. Good luck with getting your all buttones up and sitting pretty. I ran 2002 F-250 Rear shocks all the way around. Compressed they are 17.75" and extended they are 33"! Worked for me. A buddy of mine ran E-250 in the front so depends on what you need.

Iceman21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I Think I'm gonna run skyjacker 8206 or whatever the numbers are they have 150psi nitrogen charge 14mm piston... Should work. On the track bar I found out the mount on the axle it's self is broken, so I gotta weld it back to hold the axle, I turned my steering wheel and noticed my front end was bobbing side to side, went out and saw I have about 1" of moving parts in my axle track bar bracket. More welding tonight! :icon_welder:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals