• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Craigslist Skyjacker 6" lift? Deal or not?

jfisher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Found this on craigslist and have been emailing the guy back and forth. He might be on here, haha.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/pts/1320207135.html

What do you guys think? I'm just trying to figure out if it would be worth it with the extra pieces I would need to buy that are missing and if you can even get them from skyjacker seperately to make the complete kit?

I have a guy that can sandblast and powdercoat for reasonable pricing, but after I buy all the missing pieces and having everything blasted and coated, will it even be worth it?

He says he will also throw in some 15x10 steel cragars for the $500 asking price. I don't want steel wheels so I'd probably try and sell them.

What all can you guys tell is missing? I know I would need the u bolts and pitman arm.

Here is his response after I asked him what all was missing from the 6" Skyjacker lift kit without the leaf springs:

"ok the gold bracket i have now the 2 square thing in the bottom those are liftin block for the rearend and i have lift springs for the rearend but the sellin seprate the u bolts are also for the rearend in the middle of the pic the pitman arm is not included as for the extenstion for the sway bar i look but i dont know if i still have them and i do have the bump stops". This info is in reference to the picture of the lift kit on Skyjackers website BTW.

He's going to be at the NMRA race in C-bus over labor day weekend which I will also be at which is convenient. But I'm still not sure?

Last edited:

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
That is a good price for that kit.

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
looks like its all there to me. Id jump on that deal for 500

jfisher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ugh, I was hoping you guys would tell me it wasn't worth it! That's $500 that could be going to the mustang lol! Hmmmmmmm......

So looks like I would need the pitman arm and all the nuts/bolts. Does Skyjacker sell this stuff seperately?

Edit: Actually, does anyone know where to find a parts list for the class II kit without the leaf springs?

Last edited:

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
yeah get some 1/2" grade 8 bolts from your local hardware store

yeah skyjacker sells all the parts seperately including the leafs and extreme drop pitman arm which is what you want or the steering angles will not be the best.

jfisher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Awesome, thanks guys!

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Yeah, if it's a 6" lift, get the pt# FA600 pitman arm, the other one will be too short.

Guessing the D35 axle is included too? (must be if it's all in the pic and he says "TTB arms included").

Good deal for sure. You'll then have some pare parts for your axle too if needed.

fourwheelford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Flex
Transmission
Automatic
Make sure to budget for a new front drive shaft, if its anything like mine which has a 4 inch lift it will need a new one because it was maxed out as far as it would go. I have never looked under a 94 so it may be different but mine is trashed and im waiting for the 500 dollar replacment.

I guess it could be there and im just not seeing it in the picture.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals