• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
well manufacturing must be picking up again, I got laid off back in july and just yesterday got a “return to work” callback. I did find something else to do that I liked better but its $5/hr less than what I was making plus I will still have my seniority & vac time so Im heading back, Plus I will be on day shift. for the last 2 months Ive been “fred” - morning baker at a dunkin donuts. yep , the “time to make the donuts” guy. It wasnt a bad job, just lower pay and didnt always get a full 8hr day in.

So,,, ah, exactly do they make those donut holes????? :dunno:

'tis a slow night, trying to stir things up a bit :icon_thumby:

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Idk, they all come frozen, out of indiana.
So if they made “that” commercial today, Fred would say -“ time to defrost the donuts”. My shift is 3-11, but can leave if I have everything done. most weekdays its a 4XX count so can be done easily by 8-9. sunday though- over 800 count, 10 is the earliest Ive ever gotten out on a sunday. Today I was “done” at 7:30 but we had a lot of ice from the snow/thaw/re-freeze. The one manager went out and got a spreader, 2 bags of ice melt and a shovel. So I stayed & put the spreader together, shoveled some , and called it a day at 10. Pretty awesome to of put a day in and be home before noon, have the rest of the day to do things. granted im crashing out by 830 at night , up by 2am to go do it again.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
I'd think hard about keeping the donut job; I doubt that there's any cop out there that would ticket a donut maker.

Sometimes it ain't the pay, it's the perks . . . .

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
So that's how you poop on an airplane!

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
You all do realize that if you buy a box of donut "holes", you will end up with a box of "nothings" !
You should instead be looking for a box of donut "centers" !

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Nothing you say?

Ever stepped in to a hole? Hit a pothole?

A pothole car destroy a tire. Enough donut holes can give you a spare tire around the waist.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
The pot "hole" doesn't destroy a tire, it's the "edges" around the hole that do the damage.
A hole is "nothingness", a void, an emptiness, a lack of "somethingness".
If you fall into a "hole" it's not the hole that hurts, it the sudden stop at the bottom of the hole that hurts, or the bouncing off the sides of the wall that surronds the hole.
If you fell into a bottomless hole, you would not be hurt, you'd just keep falling, ie., "not hurt !
To take it a step further, a "hole" is a lack of substance that goes thru something, so a donut can have a hole. But a "pothole" should be correctly called a depression, because it has a bottom, an end, therefor it is not a "hole" !

Last edited:

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
The pot "hole" doesn't destroy a tire, it's the "edges" around the hole that do the damage.
A hole is "nothingness", a void, an emptiness, a lack of "somethingness".
If you fall into a "hole" it's not the hole that hurts, it the sudden stop at the bottom of the hole that hurts, or the bouncing off the sides of the wall that surronds the hole.
If you fell into a bottomless hole, you would not be hurt, you'd just keep falling, ie., "not hurt !
To take it a step further, a "hole" is a lack of substance that goes thru something, so a donut can have a hole. But a "pothole" should be correctly called a depression, because it has a bottom, an end, therefor it is not a "hole" !
But a deep pothole is a hole in the road surface. The bottom is the underlying soil.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
But a deep pothole is a hole in the road surface. The bottom is the underlying soil.
In everyday usage, yeah.
But technically, a "hole" is the complete lack of substance all the way thru an item. A donut can have a hole as it goes all the way thru. A pothole doesn't, therefor, not a "hole"
People, depending on the individual can either have a depression on the side of their head, or a hole completely thru the head
If you look into the ear of some people, you can see clearly thru to the other side, ie, a "hole"
, ie, "a hole in the head".
If you see brain matter or some other blockage, like brain poo, it is not a hole, but a depression.
A "hole in one" should be correctly called a "cup in one" as the area is cup shaped.

MikeG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
235/75r15
Remember - it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the end..... :eek:

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
My ummm... give me a minute here... second cousin? Maybe? No sure what family relation she is. But anyway she got covid a couple days ago.

Little back story first. Her and her husband are insane conspiracy idiots. They are anti vax, anti mask, think the virus is a hoax, think this all about government control blah blah blah. So we don't really have anything to do with them and haven't seen them in quite a while.

Now she was admitted to my moms facility (nursing home/rehabilitation center) because she also has MS. She told my mom that her husband lied about his wife testing positive so he could keep going to work without quarantining or getting tested. Which, is a complete asshole move.

Litterally a day before she was diagnosed her mother came over my parents house for dinner. Her mother doesn't see her daughter much and she is normal and takes precautions so they didn't think it was a risk. but turns out she was in contact with her daughter a couple days ago. So now we are all on the contact tracing list. My mom already did her test and it was negative but she has to do it again in 3 days before she can go back to work. My dad has to get tested today, and since I was there I have to get tested today too. If any one of us get a positive test we all are out of work for 10 days...

All of this crap completely avoidable. And who knows how many people her husband is gonna infect at work because he refuses to even get tested or tell anyone his wife has it.

I'm pretty pissed about the whole thing and I told my parents they cant invite people over anymore until they get vaccinated or I wont be coming over either.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
Just a sign of the times...those who take this seriously, and those who don't. Thats why wife and I are staying away from the kids and grandkids. We know we're OK, and their OK so far...who knows if anyone any of us has been in contact with has the virus.
Luckily, wife, a nurse, will be in the first group that gets vaccine. Me, because of my age, may get lucky and be in the second or third group.
Wife is pissed cause every day she goes to work, admissions have gone up, and 2-3 more patients have died.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I interact with almost no one. In stores I do the mask thing, keep my distance etc. At work we all have designated sections and dont physically interact with each other. Even the break room is closed. We all have lunch in our trucks. The only people I see is my parents but if they keep having people over and get exposed Im not risking go over anymore.

My folks are getting older and with my mom working in a nursing home she should be extremely cautious...

MikeG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
235/75r15
Found out a week or so ago that my dad has the cooties, but is recovering OK at home. My mother is too stubborn to go get tested (ex medical professional and of course they know everything and don't have to listen to other medical people), although displays some of the symptoms. Her health would frighten a zombie :eek:

Of course she's making my dad drive her to her **&^%%^!! hair appointment, and crap like that, as if that's the most important thing on earth.

Needless to say the entire family is avoiding them. They're old, they don't need to be out and about, WHY the #$%#$%^%@#$% they are even leaving the house is beyond me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals