• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Console Done Now a Matching Subwoofer

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Console here: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169078

I got some 5/8" particle board, had matching carpet to wrap it in and finally got around to boxing-up my 8" Explorer sub-woofer. I made it to go in the center behind and in between the seats in order to maintain access to the back and be able to lay the seats back.

I calculated the stock box volume, figured it was bare minimum to get good bass and so added 10%. I used cardboard to make a template for the sides, then it was easy to make the other pieces. I glued and screwed the box together, sealed it with caulking, and wrapped it in carpet. I also glued some sound dampening material inside which effectively adds volume.

I got lucky on the volume of the box. It seems to be more efficient, producing more base and lower bass at lower volume. The volume is .381 cubic feet. :icon_thumby: Not rumbling, earth moving bass, but plenty of tight punching bass for me.

Yes you can find calculators online for sealed and ported boxes based upon the specifications of your sub woofer. I had no specs but assumed a sealed enclosure as that is what the Explorer box was and I needed about the same volume within 10%- 15%. The box will get mounted/tied down as soon.

Last edited:

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Tied down with "L" brackets and amplifier boxed-in:

Now I need to finish the cut-out with a insuylated carpet trim over the boot and carpeted bed sides.

Last edited:

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals