• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

colorful laptops? backlit keyboards?

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so my girl friend wants a laptop, she doesnt need any thing super. im not going to buy her a hunk of junk, but she doesnt need the i7. what she wants is a backlit keyboard. shes not going to be playing battlefield 3, but ill be pissed if i buy it and in a year its as slow as that pos you just threw out last year.

id like to stay away from intel processors, as far as im concerned there way over priced and your just paying for a name.

im having troubles finding a backlit keyboard laptop for under 800$ alienware has them starting at 899$ but its got the i7.. she doesnt need that. i dont want a dual core processor. i want a quad, 4 gbs ddr3 ram. blue blacklit keyboard. 500 gb hard drive. something in the 14" range? idk screen size doesnt matter. bigger the better. its hers not mine. i have a new desktop now.

thats about all she needs, i have plenty more hdd space for storage. ive searched ibuypower, cyberpc, alienware, dell, hp. i cant find any that they dont want an arm and a leg for or that arent decently priced.

like i said before shes a woman she doesnt need an i7, i would settle for an i5 altho id rather have an amd processor, all she does is music, facebook, movies, and your casual internet junk...

she loves blue, and it must have a blue backlit keyboard but she also wants the laptop itself to be blue in color.
so any ideas where to look? ill spend right around 800$ if i must

maybe im not looking at the right laptops?

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Well, you could get her a less expensive one without a keyboard and also one of those little LED lights that plug into a USB port...they can light up a keyboard...but your G/F will probably think you are one cheap phuck...but it's the way I'd go...not so much because I'm a cheap phuck, but I just can't see adding another 400 or 500 to the price tag just because they put in a few bells and whistles...

Or, you could do perverse psychology on her and say she shouldn't have to look at the keyboard while typing and to practice, practice, practice until she knows it and can type blindfolded...

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I don't know of any laptops that would have a blue backlit keyboard that weren't specialty ones, My Toshiba Satellite laptops black and has white back lit keyboard which is really nice. Had it for 3 years now and it hasn't slowed down. I'm sure if you browsed their site you could find a blue laptop. But you can find them on there for around 600 or so I believe for a 15.6" screen with the specs. and you could always see about ordering a cover or a laptop skin for her too. that way it would be blue even if the laptop was black or grey.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals