• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

charging problem

94 2.3T RED DANGER RANGER

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
ok so ive narrowed it down to the pimpx eec and or the engine harness, so i went through the engine harness checked all the wires from the eec plug to every sensor it all checks out it seems to be only when voltage is raised above 13.0v does it start throwing a fit and any higher than 13.75v it shuts off you guys never had a problem like this?? the alternator works fine i hooked up the truck to a separate battery with jumper cables and left the engine harness to the truck battery and visa versa same thing happends im about to take a sledgehammer to this truck im out of ideas.oh and its a 1994 ford ranger with a 84 svo swap ive been driving as a daily for 4 years now it was running good on the pimpx i got around thanks giving and just wont run with alterator hooked up ive replaced that to its frickin crazy,ive gone through the entire trucks wire harness inside and out and under front to back everythingis in tip top shape anybody have any ideas

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Would it make any sense to put the old system back and start over? or has that already been done

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
ive gone over every wire with a fine toothed comb ,twice about to do it again as we speak.im about to make a new harness from scratch tonight i dgaf any more i need my flipping truck no i messed up the vam so it wont work thats why i spent the $1100 on the system but i just repined the svo harness to the 88 TC WHICH is how stingger porformance said to do it ,it runs just off battery its when i bring charging into the equation it acts up...

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I understand that Red but I can't tell you what is wrong, maybe a current flow or something, I don't know.

It's a bit late now to expect many others by, but there are some very knowledgeable folks come through here with a willingness to help sort it out, if you have a bit of patience until tomorrow maybe

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Have you called the pimpx people? They supposedly have their own forum over there. Could be a voltage regulator problem in the pimpx unit?

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
I FIGURED IT OUT TRIP ON THIS,ALL ALONG IT WAS THE MAGNETIC PICKUP IN THE DIZZY THAT I JUST REPLACED CRAZY RIGHT

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals