• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Can't find Torque Pro: Switched from Galaxy S7 to iPhone 11

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Yep, there is no difference in the functionality between the free 2 month extended liscence or any of the paid licenses. Like I said, you can just install a new 2 months license every 2 months and never pay. Annoying but free, I'm cheap so this is what I do.

If you don't use ANY extended license then you can't do any of the more advanced stuff or program keys.

But anyway, for phone tablet use I don't really think you can beat torque pro. I see nothing in the forscan lite app (just downloaded it) that torque can't do.

Last edited:

Orca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If you don't use ANY extended license then you can't do any of the more advanced stuff or program keys.
For key programming, I agree. But depending on what one considers "advanced stuff", that's debatable. (P.S. Quit editing your post -- it's making my reply with your old quote stale! ;)) .

Even the non-extended-license Windows version can do some things that very few low-cost OBD2 apps (actually, "none" to my knowledge) can. A recent example: I recently ran the "On-Demand Self-Test" on my 2004 Ford Ranger's IC (Instrument Cluster) node. It does a gauge sweep, a dashboard lamp test, and an all-segment LCD odometer test as well as (I'm guessing) some other less obvious things. And I've never requested or installed an extended license for FORScan. There are several other examples, including the Ford KOEO and KOER tests.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
For key programming, I agree. But depending on what one considers "advanced stuff", that's debatable. (P.S. Quit editing your post -- it's making my reply with your old quote stale!;)) .
Im hungover, it takes me a few times to finish my thoughts lol.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
I use an IPhone at work. Yuck. I'll never pay for one.
yep, me too. Remember this: if you look at Apple as a fashion company instead of an IT company, you will understand a lot better why they do the things they do.

Apple's latest "features" have usually been in place for years on the Android phones by the time they get to Apple

something else for you... Apple does not support most of the blue Tooth OBD2 /ELM27 adapters/ dongles. so you might be SOL even if there is a version of Torque Pro on IOS. my advice is if you can, return the Apple phone and upgrade to a decent Android, if you can't, then keep your old Android for use with your car and Torque.

AJ

G8orFord

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC S/C
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
Just the right size to touch the ground.
* There is no Torque Pro for iOS.
* Forscan Lite is available on both iOS and Android.
* Forscan is only available for Windows but you can run it on a Mac with emulation software.
* Torque Pro is cool and great for monitoring.
* Torque Pro is no where near as capable as Forscan Lite.
* Forscan Lite is no where near as capable as Forscan.

One rumor I heard as to why Forscan Lite is a pay app for mobile and free for the PC had something to do with how the app stores work. No idea if it was anywhere near to accurate.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Guess I had it wrong... so why did I pay for it? lol

I haven't loaded my PC... yet. But I bought the cable... it's on my to do list.

G8orFord

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC S/C
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
Guess I had it wrong... so why did I pay for it? lol

I haven't loaded my PC... yet. But I bought the cable... it's on my to do list.
Forscan Lite is worth the small cost, at least to me. Just the other day I was driving my Expedition to work and got a temperature warning. No CEL, just in the info display so I popped Forscan Lite up on my phone and added the ECT PID to the dashboard display so I could see the actual temp. It was around 220°. I was on the interstate and 10 miles from an exit so I just slowed down and kept an eye on it and managed to get to the exit and get out cooked down and a couple of gallons of water in it with no further damage. Had I not had that capability, I would have probably just pulled over and called for help. Luckily, I already had the adapter in the OBDII port from a few days earlier after checking the codes after replacing the fuel pump.

The full Windows version is much more capable and very close to Fords own IDS program. As @Dirtman said, you need the extended license for some of the abilities, but there's a lot of capability even without the license.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Oh my mistake. That's the lite version. I know the full version is only available for windows. Never tried forscan lite so dunno how it compares to torque pro. Torque pro is a fairly good app as far as obd2 phone apps go. I'd just stick with torque pro if you can find it for IOS, but as I said you'll need to re-buy it.
I have both. Torque is good for generics, FORSCAN lite is good, but doesn't have near the functionality of the Windows version, especially in PIDs.

Last time (maybe the only time) I used it was working on a Taurus with a bad FPDM when my laptop decided it wouldn't connect to my BT adapter.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Apparently the version that came out yesterday can do firmware updates now. One of the coolest things about forscan is they are constantly upgrading and adding features. Also makes it pretty dangerous if you don't know what your doing. You could basically brick your truck and need a dealer to fix it if you screw around.

G8orFord

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC S/C
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
Apparently the version that came out yesterday can do firmware updates now. One of the coolest things about forscan is they are constantly upgrading and adding features. Also makes it pretty dangerous if you don't know what your doing. You could basically brick your truck and need a dealer to fix it if you screw around.
They finally released it huh? I used a prerelease version a couple of months ago to update the APIM firmware on my '17 Superduty when I upgraded to Sync 3.4. No bricks.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
They finally released it huh? I used a prerelease version a couple of months ago to update the APIM firmware on my '17 Superduty when I upgraded to Sync 3.4. No bricks.
9-1-2020 release has ability to firmware update only on usb adapters. Its new, never tried it, its dangerous and they even say it. You can ruin a module. Aka brick your ecm if things go wrong... Its clear on their site how bad they do not advise anyone to use it.

Forscan is not to be screwed with. You absolutely can ruin your vehicle.

G8orFord

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC S/C
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
9-1-2020 release has ability to firmware update only on usb adapters. Its new, never tried it, its dangerous and they even say it. You can ruin a module. Aka brick your ecm if things go wrong... Its clear on their site how bad they do not advise anyone to use it.

Forscan is not to be screwed with. You absolutely can ruin your vehicle.
Luckily, I didn't screw anything up, but I had my butt cheeks clenched for a while. I used an MX+ BT adapter... not smart. I have since bought the OBDLink EX USB though for any future butt cheek clenches.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals