• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cam Swap.

Ranger302Boss

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Hi, everybody. i just pick up a roller camshaft, rocker arms & lifters from a 97 Ford Ranger 2.3l look this picture.

Attachments

Ranger302Boss

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
i bought that because all the original lifters and roker arms sound like clak clak clak, many of you know what it means. i check the oil pressure, on ralenty its arround 40-45, full throtle over than 65 psi, so is not clacking because the oil pressure. then i check my slider camshaft and rocker arms, i found that the rocker arms have arround a half of the normal body by wear. some lifter are full extended and anyway you can move the sliders by hand side to side.

Attachments

Ranger302Boss

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
someone has made ​​a cam swap between first-generation head & third generation camshaft? i know above the increase valve stem space on a rocker arm by the larger stems on early Ranger heads but its the only machin work that i need?, this roller cam (95 and up) 2.3l have just 1 oil feeder not 2 like early camshafts, i think this is by the smaller roller cilinders on the rocker arms but do you think i need to make it on the other side too? i found a HX330 grabbed on the cam, anyone know what it means?

Attachments

turbo91xlt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year

Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Use the roller followers from an '89-'94 ranger or '91-'93 mustang as they will be for the correct valve size. Although the specs on the cam should be the same I'd also go ahead and get the roller cam from one of those '89-'94 trucks/'91-'93 mustangs also.

Ranger302Boss

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Use the roller followers from an '89-'94 ranger or '91-'93 mustang as they will be for the correct valve size. Although the specs on the cam should be the same I'd also go ahead and get the roller cam from one of those '89-'94 trucks/'91-'93 mustangs also.
so the problem here is just the valve size? what you think above the oil feeder?

Ranger302Boss

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
someone has made ​​a cam swap between first-generation head & third generation camshaft?:icon_confused: :beer: :beer:

turbo91xlt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year

Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
so the problem here is just the valve size? what you think above the oil feeder?
valve stem size, '94-down heads use a larger valve stem then the '95+

Oil feed should not be an issue.

turbo91xlt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year

Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
you can tell the right followers you'd be looking for as the '94-down are cast steel while the '95+ are stamped steel.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals