• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cam belt broke ! Does Anyone know....

VlvtnRbt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
No spankings! I feel bad enough already! Does anyone know in the 1991 2.3 Dual Spark head is an interference motor? I already sent away for the parts, of course they sent the wrong fan belt idler pulley,:dunno::bawling:

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nope your good. all the 2.0, 2.3, 2.5;s are non interference.

just retime it, and slap a belt on and enjoy blissfull driving for another 100k

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
+1 on non-interference. You might want to consider changing the waterpump while you are there alond with a gooddyear gatorback.

VlvtnRbt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks You all, That's a big weight off my mind. Yes I am going to replace the water pump, the thermostat ,Both idler pulleys ( Rock Auto sent me the wrong one, I need Power steering No AC) and fanbelt and I was getting a funny rattling noise when the engine revved and the fan clutch felt like it had a little too much play ,so a new one of those. Also second fan belt in
25k so yes, I guess it doesn't pay to cheap out there.
Don't know about stuffin' a small block Chevy in a Ranger Though I would be free to admit it would be no tougher than a 351W, Did have a 1965 Corvair with a 300HP Camaro engine, in the back seat about 30 years ago, 140 mph with g78 15"s on the back (Ran out of rev's ,not power) and low 11's with slicks. Kind of seems kind of wrong to mix makes on engine swaps if there are suitable motors from the same manufacturer but Hey that's just me, Of course I did put a 1967 Pontiac 400 cu in GTO engine in a 1960 Willys Station wagon when we could no longer find certain replacement parts for the perfectly adequate Hurricane 6 (I had the just rebuilt engine left over after I picked up a better than new '69 Ram air III motor!) We did throw a scrounged up 2bbl manifold on it just for sanity's sake!
Old now used up all my extra lives,
After the last 15 years, and a Half a dozen or so, VW Diesel Rabbit Pickups Bought a Little old man's '91 2WD Ranger (Came from an estate sale) Stealth Grey (Well that's what I call it!),4 cyl, 5speed, PS,PB No AC, tall rear end, LWB reg Cab and the Ford AM FM Cassette and a CB radio, Neither of those functioning all that well. No real bad rust and it came with a years inspection and an iffy clutch (Which I nursed for 6 months) In the Spring I replaced a caliper and rotor (The other side was fine! and I'll get to it) New Radius Bushings and shocks all around (I had a pair of 1 5/8" bore shocks leftover from a 1971 Ford F350 project (It was gonna get 2 pair!)) They should last forever!
I remedied the too tall gearing by going from 225 70R 14's to 205 60R 14's (Not so good in the snow!) With 5 gear's instead of 4 why didn't Ford make
1st a Granny, like in my old F350? , I guess we'll never know

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
the only reason for dropping a chevy engine into a ford is because you have the chevy engine already......

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the only reason for dropping a chevy engine into a ford is because you have the chevy engine already......
HEY....... i put the engine cause i wanted to put the engine in :D :D

ok it was because it was leftover from another project, but atleast im working it a bit, not stuffing it in stock.

OP, everyone is entitled to their opinions, it dont bother me that you dont like crossbreeds.

you build your truck the way you like it and dont care what others say :icon_thumby:

VlvtnRbt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Absolutely! my point was that there more than a few kindred crazies out here with you! I had 1985 Mazda B2000 pickup that after 200K needed a repower and I had a 1973 450SE with a really sweet motor and I thought if there was any way I could put the motor in, and keep the 5 speed, What a sweet truck!....I'm a deeply disturbed individual!

Last edited:

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
deeply disturbed is my old neighbor had a 91 isuzu pickup that had a misfire issue. he got pissed said skrew it dropped a 477 police interceptor in the truck 4.88 rear end and all, then sold it for 1200 bux...as for chevy powered fords you know the monster truck ghost ryder the one that does the backflips? mustang body with a chevy naturally aspirated 510 big block and turbo 400 trans. helped the guy cross the road and put the small tires on it loaded the tires and truck onto the hauler and pointed him in the direction to the show last time they were down here is how i kno...lol

Last edited:

VlvtnRbt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Truck back together and running fine thanks all, did end up going to Ford for the serpentine belt tensioner (PS, no AC)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals