• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Callsigns?

gvfd29

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc
Transmission
Automatic
I am an OUTBANDER the HAMS hate us :D 28Mhz:icon_rofl: no license no rules no problem! 300 watt dead key 1200watt swing :icon_hornsup:
Is that clean wattage or do you bleed over radio/tv? Thats why some hams don't like cbers. It's kinda like owning a 100k honda civic and being pissed off everytime you hear sometime talk about how fast their civic is with a cai and muffler. :icon_rofl:

Btw, wattage isn't everything. Hams can talk worldwide with less than 1 watt and a good antenna.

bill morris

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
KF5GVH extra 2 meter icom 2100 for road use,yaesu ft-250 for walk around and search and recovery.looking to study for ham exam try "ham test on line" on the net.a good study format,got all three classes with it.used 2 meter when no cell.land line or computer working.find a local ham club,alot of good people and fun.also running a kenwood ts-520s for base station hf.not to bad getting your lic. and look around for used radios until you can move up.good luck bill morris

Chazman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FERD
Engine Size
4.0 Litre
Transmission
Manual
Third generation ham here.
KD8CLT-me
KA8WBR-dad
KA8WWG- grandpa

Milton

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
November Five Hotel Mike Juliet

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
We had a big-assed 1971 Plymouth Fury III Sport Suburban station wagon with a honkin-big engine, wood-like sides and my dad had cowboy boots and a huge, chrome CB radio. Right after that, Smokey and the Bandit and Convoy came out and he was in hog heaven. Arm over the back of the bench seat, 4-barrel carb hooting and some truckers breakering on the CB.

Lord luv a duck. I made it out hating country music and wireless communication.

PilotJO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
November Seven Whiskey Romeo Uniform extra class licensed since about 1989.

bill morris

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
KF5GVH extra/arrl ve.if you look around you should be able to find some 2meter ht,sfor under $100 there is a little dual band ht from china which a lot of our club members use with good results.they come in handy for emergency response and take up no room.traveling around you can find repeaters all over the place with most people willing to talk back to you.you don,t need to start big,just find out what works and grow from there.for those wanting to start or step up i have found "ham test on line "is good training and helps you to get your license.good luck and hope to hear you on the air.take care and God bless you all. bro.bill morris:headbang:

rezmedic

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Kilo Delta 7 Bravo Uniform Bravo.

No code tech since 1998-ish

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
VA6WZL

your classes seem confusing, in canada, pretty well every province starts with either va or ve, there is 2 exceptions, but i can't remember what they are, they are still a 2 letter suffix though, then a number, my province is 6, then 3 letter user chosen... after 5? years, you can get a new call sign that has 2 letters after the number

classes are:

basic:
you can use 29.5+mhz (ham frequencies only) max 560w pep (250w input to the transmitter) must use a commercially manufactured radio, designed for use in the amateur service
basic plus/basic with honors (what i have)
same as above, but any frequencies authorized for ham, +/- 29.5mhz
advanced:
any frequency, home built radios can be used, modified radios can be used, max 1000w input to the transmitter, can sponsor a repeater

ronclark

Supporting Member
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
95 4.0 with 93 ECU
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I guess i'll put mine here too.

KF7UVH General Class. just got it on March 2012 :D

mad hatter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
KB1YEP GENERAL
operrate mostly 2 meter

fishman67

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger XLT
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am an OUTBANDER the HAMS hate us 28Mhz no license no rules no problem! 300 watt dead key 1200watt swing We used to call that an "alligator radio"... All mouth no ears....

SierraCanine

Law Enforcement
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
KJ6ZQU

Baofeng uv-5r (2013 edition ~$60:icon_thumby:); used to listen to sheriff dispatch and the Rubicon "805" repeater for pending SAR's.

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
W1IO, Extra Class
Ken wood, tri-band mobile, setup for five FM bands module - 6, 10, 2, 220, 440

Sand Storm on CB, Ranger CB, 200 watts out of a 10/11/12 meter rig, does really well on the CB band (11 meters).

06/2013 - just remembered, FCC CB call sign, KPP2153,

Last edited:

BullFrog13x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
well i am not a "licensed radio operator" butt i have been using cb/ham radio equipment all of my life. My friends gave me the nick name bullfrog when i was a youngster and it carried over to the radio.

So, Bullfrog here,
Outlaw
Radio
Inc.

I currently use a galaxy dx 95t (1x 2879 driving 2x 2879 converted, with a int-amp on/off switch) with a 4 tube home brew, i built myself; 4x 6mj6 tubes 900vdc to the plates. I have been building tube type amps for over 10 years. I enjoy talking to people all over the world with my radios and despise those annoying little brats with there daddy's radios and stupid noise toys. I have a lot of friends that have there licensees and a lot who don't, i have been servicing most of there equipment and i am in good standings with all of them. If and when my equipment crosses into bleed over i immediately inspect for the problem and cure it most of the time it will be a coax or filter/ ground problem, not a power issue. I would NOT want to be annoying and my ham licensed friends seem to be fine with what i am doing, probably because i am there radio tech. And most importantly i am respectful when on the air, i use a dummy load when tuning and i do not promote UN-ethical behavior.

Happy 73's everyone.
Bullfrog13x4 :icon_cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals